`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are some different ways to collect on a budget?

What are some different ways to collect on a budget?
With alot of prices getting out of hand, I thought it would be fun to make a list of different ways to collect on a budget. Please add to this list.

1. Buy ungraded from a trusted dealer. I know this may not be an option for some.

2. This was mentioned earlier. Buy large lots to build sets, instead of boxes. Then try to trade for the rest.

3. Start an '80s player collection. Getting all of the oddball cards could be a challenge.

4. Start a through the mail auto collection. There are sites that will give addresses and let you know which ones have the best success rates.

5. Start a collection of cards with artwork, such as Diamond Kings.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

RE: What are some different ways to collect on a budget?
6.  PC a player from your favorite team that is not THE superstar - for example, Kepler of my Twins.

7.  Card shows (when allowed) have $1 bins.

8.  Pre-order blasters online before prices go up by greed.

9. Go to flea markets,yard sales
10. Only buy when you can afford too
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

11. Take advantage of Kerry's discount deals.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I will echo jhyde77's high price sentiments. A jumbo pack of 2020 Topps Chrome is $35 bucks. That's insane, and I can think of only one reason packs are that high and that is Luis Robert.

I will also echo Zeprock's statement that Kerry offers budget baseball card collecting at its finest. Another way to collect on a budget is to simply trade.

12. Join Topps’ Bunt virtual Card collecting / trading app  ... its free. There are in-app purchase options buy they give you enough free coins to play ... I just got a virtual rare Koufax Auto this morning.
[Image: 4-DDD293-C-5931-48-EF-9532-96-A888-FCA74-A.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I can see it now. Topps will eventually come out with virtual packs. Something like '52 Topps Virtual Archives with the chance of pulling redemptions for actual '52 Topps cards.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

I like to buy flat rate boxes (medium or large) of base, inserts, parallels and refractors (no GUd, no autos) and work to put various sets together then trade off the rest. Or pull PC stuff, anything usable for trading in person and then post the other stuff for online trades. I like the idea of buying raw. It's the only way I buy as I don't deal in graded at all. But buying a raw Ex vintage card is cheaper than buying a graded Ex (5) card.