`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you need a good laugh....

If you need a good laugh....
Check out some of the card listings on eBay.  There's some REALLY funny stuff going on there these days....empty boxes of '93 UD SP being sold because of Jeters RC.....except that he's not even featured on the box....2011 Topps Update same thing w/ Trout RC (again, NOT on box).....just reported a listing trying to pass off a $10 retail hanger box as a hobby box and listing it for over $70....crazy.

I'm hoping that SOMETIME prices return to reasonable levels....these people charging $100s of dollars for 20+ year old boxes are crazy....

RE: If you need a good laugh....
That's crazy
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

The best is when the retail shark idiots list the empty display/vending boxes for sale.

The description should be like, "yeah, man, while you were at work and paying taxes that allow me to stay home and not work and chase distributors around to Target and Walmart all day, I bought out all the retail products so that you can't have any, and I will mark them up to outrageous prices because I'm a doosh bag, but, uh, here, please buy the empty display for $30."

Um, yeah, let me get my wallet out.

We all know the old saying..."One man's trash is another man's treasure".  Well, in this case it should be "One man's stupid attempt to sell trash for profit is another man's stupid hand out of money for no treasure".

I would be SHOCKED if anybody gave a $1 for it but, then again, Covid-19...

I've never understood the fascination behind empty display boxes and wrappers. No interest whatsoever!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

jack pfiester Wrote:I've never understood the fascination behind empty display boxes and wrappers.  No interest whatsoever!
I will say I've kept maybe half a dozen wrappers of some of my bigger pulls, but that's just for nostalgia.

Agreed, no interest in empty boxes or displays otherwise.

jack pfiester Wrote:I've never understood the fascination behind empty display boxes and wrappers.  No interest whatsoever!
When I still did sets I used to put a wrapper in the outside pocket of the binder but yeah otherwise I don't get it.

However I might pay a couple of bucks for a '50s or '60s empty box or wrapper but no more than a couple.

pjrussell529 Wrote:When I still did sets I used to put a wrapper in the outside pocket of the binder but yeah otherwise I don't get it.

However I might pay a couple of bucks for a '50s or '60s empty box or wrapper but no more than a couple.
That's pretty smart, the binder thing ... never thought of doing that.

That would look cool if you had a big long run of complete sets next to each other.

rjcj2017 Wrote:I will say I've kept maybe half a dozen wrappers of some of my bigger pulls, but that's just for nostalgia.

Agreed, no interest in empty boxes or displays otherwise.
I admit that I keep some empty boxes around because they are the right size to hold several cards in top loaders

I keep old boxes/pack wrappers around as packing material for trades and whatnot. Also 1 example of every Topps Finest box I ever broke open.