`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Trout 2011 Topps Update RC

RE: Mike Trout 2011 Topps Update RC
kerryandbeth Wrote:Maybe a psychologist can use hypnosis to help you forget certain things of the past!

I feel very lucky that I skipped the entire hobby from 2010 to 2012 so that I don't keep reliving bad Trout decisions...I never even knew he existed until 2013!!

I also think I am in the minority because I not only do not collect Trout but also have no interest in his 2011 Update card.  I would have traded it immediately if I ever came across one.

I traded one for a Brian McCann Rookie Auto when McCann signed up with the Yankees. At the time, seemed like a really fair trade on both sides. I just hope my trade partner didn’t go and sell it for the $50 or $60 that it was booking for at the time. I don’t want his/her suicide on my conscienceSmile
I’m super happy I didn’t trade more US175’s  at the time. 
Procrastination has always been one of my worst character flaws throughout my life but every so often something like this (not trading or selling more right away) happens to reinforce my reluctance to change.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Just looking back at a couple Trout trades.  One eventually turned into a SGC 9 the other a 9.5
I think I got the better end of the deal on these.  At the time they were even $$ trades. Trout has exploded hence the lopsided values now.

[Image: trout2.jpg]
[Image: trout.jpg]

I just traded a Luis Roberts RC Topps before it went to ??$  got a little burned but it is what it is..I pulled another anyway..
Same thing happened to Bellinger 2017..that was a little more since it was multiple cards and the trader and i made up the difference..never saw that coming in 2017..

I was looking at how I got mine and found out I got it on COMC. I cant believe I got it for that cheap and  I wish I would have bought more this was from November 2011

[Image: trout.jpg]
121623469-10222379832098571-7865154471714354335-o

Collecting Alex Tuch 493/839 58% 491/644 76% non 1/1
I can Only Ship Wednesdays and Thursdays

I have this dream that I will walk into a Dollar store and they have a bunch of 2011 Topps Update packs and I buy them all and pull a few more Trout rcs.  Not sure I want to wake up from that dream.  lol

DrMitchJ Wrote:I’ve been looking at eBay prices and the US175 has been selling at that new price for well over 2 months
The Cognac,  Walmart Blue and Target Red variants jumped 66% higher as well. I’m wondering when the Target red price gets increased higher than the Walmart Blue. It routinely sells for 2x-3x more and is rarely listed.
There is WAY more of the Walmart blues made than the Target reds.

hckydv7 Wrote:There is WAY more of the Walmart blues made than the Target reds.
That is exactly what I believe as well.
I don’t know what the ratio is, but based on sales and availability, I’d say that the blue:red ratio is at least 4:1 which is why I thing the Target red border should be at least 3-4x higher in value ... its regularly selling about that much higher when comparing similarly graded cards. 
I also feel that the Cognac and Diamonds combined are about twice as prevalent as the combined number of blue and red border cards. So Cognac:diamond:blue:red ratio would be approximately 5:5:4:1 if my figures are correct.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I remember I traded for it on here when it was like $20 maybe. I had no idea who he really was at the time but wanted it just incase. Wish I could find the trade in my history so I could apologize him.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

That was a very enjoyable read. Glad to see so many picked him up on the cheap.
Hard to believe that a non-numbered, non SP rookie would keep going up that much.

I missed him in 2011 (and 2009 as well), and I'm going to miss out on him now. Not spending that much on a base RC, unless it's a sure-fire HOFer or superstar (Brooks/Koufax/Clemente type). 

On a related note, my buddy found a box marked 2011 Topps in his closet that he had put in there when he and his son were opening packs in 2011. Found 4 Trout RCs and get this. Had 1 Target Red. 

Lucky buzzard. 

All I ever seem to find my closets is dust and 1990 Donruss and Fleer.