Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Mike Trout 2011 Topps Update RC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, I see this card went up in value $400 in the last two days.  However the graded pricing didn't change.  I guess it will go up in the next few days too?
Man, every time I think it can't go any higher it somehow manages to surprise me.

I'm just going to pretend I only had 1 all along and didn't sell 4 or 5 of them for $25 each.

I also never owned a Giannis Prizm rookie that I got $100 for.
I’ve been looking at eBay prices and the US175 has been selling at that new price for well over 2 months
The Cognac, Walmart Blue and Target Red variants jumped 66% higher as well. I’m wondering when the Target red price gets increased higher than the Walmart Blue. It routinely sells for 2x-3x more and is rarely listed.
Quite the phenomenon really. Im frankly shocked.
I have one that was .5 away from a black label.  I hope it keeps going up!
I don't have too many regrets in this hobby but I do regret trading away my dupe when it went up to three dollars. I'd gladly pay twice that amount to get it back.
I was cool when I sold a 3-card lot for $27 on Buy It Now on Flee Bay back in the day ... you know, because 27 is his jersey number?

Man, I was cool. That was such an awesome idea.
At the beginning, It seemed that every time I turned around, the prices crept higher and higher. Lately, the prices are jumping by leaps and bounds and seemingly at an alarming rate, but if prospects like Torkleson, Luis Robert and any other phenoms have card prices selling in the hundreds of dollars before they even step foot in the batters box, then a proven MVP who is certainly destined for The Hall would be a much better investment. So maybe that’s where some of this is coming from ... people can’t find 2020 blasters, the current pipeline has players that are overrated and unproven, so spend money on picking up Trout rookie cards. If you picked one up 2 months ago, you’d have made a 50% ROI.... plus picked up a cool card of a legit HOF-bound superstar.
Acuna and especially Luis Robert are hot also. Acuna was kind of initially off to a slow start, but seems to be heating up the last few games.

Kind of wondering when Kyle Lewis of the Mariners will get a little love?
rjcj2017 Wrote:I was cool when I sold a 3-card lot for $27 on Buy It Now on Flee Bay back in the day ... you know, because 27 is his jersey number?

Man, I was cool. That was such an awesome idea.
Maybe a psychologist can use hypnosis to help you forget certain things of the past!

I feel very lucky that I skipped the entire hobby from 2010 to 2012 so that I don't keep reliving bad Trout decisions...I never even knew he existed until 2013!!

I also think I am in the minority because I not only do not collect Trout but also have no interest in his 2011 Update card. I would have traded it immediately if I ever came across one.
Pages: 1 2 3