`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Prizm Pricing?

RE: Prizm Pricing?
rjcj2017 Wrote:Not really understanding why they would include third party doosh bags. That's what Flee Bay and Amazon are for.
It's possible that they change it now with more people shopping online for pick-up and delivery service.

But when I worked for Target a few years ago the online business was pretty pathetic, so they brought these third-party vendors in fill the out-of-stock gaps, boost the number of available online products and they get to charge those vendors for using their platform.

I'm not sure how things are set up now, but at that time Target and Target.com were actually separate businesses. They were under the same umbrella, but they were considered separate entities, which is why the ability to pick up online orders in store and return online purchases in store was such a big push for them. (And why it didn't happen until recently, relatively speaking, of course.)
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:It's possible that they change it now with more people shopping online for pick-up and delivery service.

But when I worked for Target a few years ago the online business was pretty pathetic, so they brought these third-party vendors in fill the out-of-stock gaps, boost the number of available online products and they get to charge those vendors for using their platform.

I'm not sure how things are set up now, but at that time Target and Target.com were actually separate businesses. They were under the same umbrella, but they were considered separate entities, which is why the ability to pick up online orders in store and return online purchases in store was such a big push for them. (And why it didn't happen until recently, relatively speaking, of course.)
Got it ... now that the online thing has blown up with the pandemic, it would be nice to see the doosh bags go away.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Got it ... now that the online thing has blown up with the pandemic, it would be nice to see the doosh bags go away.
If the number of complaints they receive outweighs to financial benefit of having them on there, they will. Target is pretty image conscious and, despite what the vocal minority would like you to believe, actually do care - at least to some degree - what their customer think and want. (At the end of the day though they all answer to the stockholders.)
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:If the number of complaints they receive outweighs to financial benefit of having them on there, they will. Target is pretty image conscious and, despite what the vocal minority would like you to believe, actually do care - at least to some degree - what their customer think and want. (At the end of the day though they all answer to the stockholders.)
I've always been a fan of Target ... some of my best cards have come from there!