`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My apologies

RE: My apologies
It's unanimous, Doc ... the jury of your peers has found you not guilty on all charges.

In all seriousness - it's a weird time for everybody.

There are times I go from total positivity - "this will all be over soon" - to absolute despair - "I can't take one more day of this BS."

Sports sucks. Kids not going back to school sucks. People losing their jobs sucks. People dying from this virus sucks.

I'm trying really hard to focus on one day at a time ... I know that sounds cliche, but it's true.

Yes, I am fortunate that right now I still have my job. But I work in an industry that relies heavily on in-person events and hospitality, and I guarantee if this is still going on at this time next year I will be out as well.

My company has already laid off some really good friends of mine, and I deal with survivor's guilt every day.

The social unrest has added another polarizing layer to everything, starting with the horror of the murder in Minnesota and continuing with everything since.

The feelings on both sides of every topic are so strong these days, and they're being flamed by both the conservative and liberal media.

I, for one, appreciate that you are brave enough to speak your mind and I agree wholeheartedly, someone's viewpoint should not be shut down, canceled, whatever the buzzword is these days.

Thanks RJ,
I appreciate the feedback and knowing that my ranting and spewing wasn’t ruining anyone’s day (or at least not adding to the ruin heaped upon us daily from everywhere else)

I want to live in a world where 2 people can have an intelligent difference of opinions and afterwards agree to disagree then walk away without any animosity towards the other, but when I clearly see unlawful rioting and burning and looting going on in an American city and someone can honestly see it as lawful, peaceful protesting I just end up scratching my head. Where is that disconnect from reality coming from and then I wonder, is the problem with me or with them?
Oops, almost getting sucked backed into the quagmire ... sorry.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

You say we've got nothing in common
No common ground to start from
And we're falling apart
You say the world has come between us
Our lives have come between us
Still I know you just don't care
And I said, "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?"
She said, "I think I remember the film
And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it"
And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got"

Maybe we all need to find that one thing in common before we all fall apart?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:You say we've got nothing in common
No common ground to start from
And we're falling apart
You say the world has come between us
Our lives have come between us
Still I know you just don't care
And I said, "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?"
She said, "I think I remember the film
And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it"
And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got"

Maybe we all need to find that one thing in common before we all fall apart?
God is big enough to handle all of us...just saying.