Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My apologies

My apologies
Sorry folks, 
I’ve been ranting a little too much lately with good intentions, but I don’t want to have our forum infected with political convo... I’m disengaging from contributing to further commentary. 
2020 has been sucking pretty bad so far and I don’t want to make it worse for anyone wanting to check in and escape ‘real world problems’ for a spell. 

One last observation: 
I’m from Florida and I notice that when we are tracking a hurricane or about to get hit by one, everyone and their mother becomes an armchair meteorologist. And I laugh at them .... 
When the Coronavirus was still pre-pandemic and after it started to spread, everyone all of a sudden became epidemiologists. And I laughed at them ...
With the country in turmoil over sociopolitical issues, everyone starts to think they are political experts and commentators with solutions. I looked in the mirror and saw I was being sucked into the whirlpool. And I laughed at myself ... 
I’m done being an armchair political commentator  Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My apologies
It is hard not to get sucked in. I'm sure people understand.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I enjoy the readings and never got upset at anyone (a little disappointed with rude comments by some).

hempick Wrote:It is hard not to get sucked in.  I'm sure people understand.
Thanks!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Doc, you should learn to be more like me and be really patient with people, like, you know, retail sharks.  Tongue

kerryandbeth Wrote:I enjoy the readings and never got upset at anyone (a little disappointed with rude comments by some).
Appreciated.
I am just trying to make sure that I do not become ‘that guy’ to someone else.

No need to apologize Doc, I appreciate what you have to say and your comments are always well thought out and done in good taste. I think baseball brought the politics to us last week, not the other way around. It's easy to get sucked in.
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Doc, you should learn to be more like me and be really patient with people, like, you know, retail sharks.  Tongue
LOL

jason32rich Wrote:No need to apologize Doc, I appreciate what you have to say and your comments are always well thought out and done in good taste.  I think baseball brought the politics to us last week, not the other way around.  It's easy to get sucked in.
Thanks, and great point re: “baseball brought the politics ... ”

DrMitchJ Wrote:Sorry folks, 
I’ve been ranting a little too much lately with good intentions, but I don’t want to have our forum infected with political convo... I’m disengaging from contributing to further commentary. 
2020 has been sucking pretty bad so far and I don’t want to make it worse for anyone wanting to check in and escape ‘real world problems’ for a spell. 

One last observation: 
I’m from Florida and I notice that when we are tracking a hurricane or about to get hit by one, everyone and their mother becomes an armchair meteorologist. And I laugh at them .... 
When the Coronavirus was still pre-pandemic and after it started to spread, everyone all of a sudden became epidemiologists. And I laughed at them ...
With the country in turmoil over sociopolitical issues, everyone starts to think they are political experts and commentators with solutions. I looked in the mirror and saw I was being sucked into the whirlpool. And I laughed at myself ... 
I’m done being an armchair political commentator  Smile
Nothing to apologize for.