`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Prestige Mahomes Heroes Insert craze

2020 Prestige Mahomes Heroes Insert craze
Decided to pick up one lone hanger box of 2020 prestige just to see if I could gather any of the big rookies of the year and hit the Patrick Mahomes Heroes insert and never thought twice about it, just put it in the pile of inserts. Then checked ebay just out of curiosity and saw it was going for close to 100 dollars, quickly sold mine last night for $110. Does anyone else think this is kinda crazy?? $110 for an unnumbered insert card??? Is it a super super short print?? Did I make a mistake by selling it? Hard to imagine that the price doesn't trend down after new products start coming down, but maybe I'm the fool here...

RE: 2020 Prestige Mahomes Heroes Insert craze
If Mahomes is on the card, sell! lol and if you hit a Tom Brady base, they're also selling for more than they should for just a base card.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

The card market is insane right now, especially for Mahomes lol. Well done!

Panini had Elite - a product that is normally about $140 at the LCS and has a MSRP of $125 on their website yesterday for $275 - it reportedly sold out in about 10 minutes.

People really don't know how rare the Heroes inserts all - I got 1 in three hanger packs, so they might not be that rare.

Card prices in general are very nutty now - especially for Mahomes and Brady (and the current year rookies for some reason) - apparently there is a lot of new money going into football cards now

No joke, I can't believe the sale prices on Mahomes cards. Makes me think I should just sell all mine and rebuy them a couple years down the road!

I pulled the Lamar Jackson Heroes card (and I think Jared Allen, too) ... are those the ones that look like comic books?

With my first round of Prestige last week, I got 3 Heroes: Brees (Blue /299), Elway and Mahomes.

With inserts that don't have BV's (for those players that I keep separated on their own, which these 3 are in that group), I put them in top loaders. If they end up being under $5, I will take out of toploader. $5 and above, I leave in a toploader and put in team bag to keep plastic from scratching up. I guess all 3 of these stay protected. And might as well put the Mahomes in a magnetic touch holder. lol
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I checked some Mahomes prices yesterday...there are going to be some very rich people when they sell lol! Seriously though, people need to start putting some money into savings...the world has gone insane, and I think most experts expect a recession any time now. As cool as these cards are, I've been holding back trying to get all my debt paid off. The cards will still be there when the economy turns around! Sorry, not to rain on anyone's parade lol. I just hate the idea of people running out of money after spending it all on cards. Unless they are bears or patriot cards, those can double as toilet paper if need be (sorry jp lol)!

savagenate Wrote:I checked some Mahomes prices yesterday...there are going to be some very rich people when they sell lol! Seriously though, people need to start putting some money into savings...the world has gone insane, and I think most experts expect a recession any time now. As cool as these cards are, I've been holding back trying to get all my debt paid off. The cards will still be there when the economy turns around! Sorry, not to rain on anyone's parade lol. I just hate the idea of people running out of money after spending it all on cards. Unless they are bears or patriot cards, those can double as toilet paper if need be (sorry jp lol)!
That sure isn't going to be me.  I love collecting and opening packs, but I will never pay what prices are for boxes now.  I haven't even bought anything from Blowout since 2018 Black Friday.  Before that, I would usually make about 9 purchases a year.  Would go just over $199 to get the free shipping, getting 4-5 boxes to open (most of the time older, opened a lot of 2013).  I think I have only spent over $100 for a hobby box a couple of times.  I will just stick to retail when it is on the shelf and pick up my Aggies on COMC and Ebay.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:That sure isn't going to be me.  I love collecting and opening packs, but I will never pay what prices are for boxes now.  I haven't even bought anything from Blowout since 2018 Black Friday.  Before that, I would usually make about 9 purchases a year.  Would go just over $199 to get the free shipping, getting 4-5 boxes to open (most of the time older, opened a lot of 2013).  I think I have only spent over $100 for a hobby box a couple of times.  I will just stick to retail when it is on the shelf and pick up my Aggies on COMC and Ebay.
Yep.

Saw another member on here pay $400 for a box of Elite basketball directly from the Panini website itself (so no retail shark idiot markup), and Elite is a mid-level product that should not be more than $150 per box.

I get the Zion craze, but damn ... and that doesn't explain other products in other sports that are jacked way up, either.

(Not picking on that member, either, just pointing out that the card companies are becoming part of the problem as far as price gouging.)