`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Prestige Mahomes Heroes Insert craze

RE: 2020 Prestige Mahomes Heroes Insert craze
rjcj2017 Wrote:Fair point. Some of those jersey cards from 2011 that are still on there where the guy never played a down ... yikes.

In other news, from what I can tell based on adds on eBay, it looks like 2020 Donruss will have photoshopped NFL unis for the rookies.

Should be fun fending off the sharks for those.
Other than maybe opening a blaster or two of Donruss, not going to go after the set like last year.  The Rated Rookie cards were very scarce in the retail packs.  Still lacking a few for my set (like Murray, Haskins and Bosa).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:Other than maybe opening a blaster or two of Donruss, not going to go after the set like last year.  The Rated Rookie cards were very scarce in the retail packs.  Still lacking a few for my set (like Murray, Haskins and Bosa).
True, I may just do the singles of the Lions guys and maybe Burrow, Young and Tua and call it good.

rjcj2017 Wrote:I think you're right ... but whatever they were, they certainly were not mem or auto cards.

Coming soon ... 2021 Donruss Patrick Mahomes base card, 400 points!!!
400?  Optimist.

Base Donruss Mahomes would probably be 1500

jplarson Wrote: 
and yet.... I'd rather have that base card than some of the garbage they have listed for 400 points lol
I think the only things I ever paid 400 points for was a Priszm Silver Prizm Dominique Wilkins (with the  Hawks since that was the only uniform I want on a Wilkins card) autograph and 400 points for an older Donruss Frank Gore 49ers auto they had near the Super Bowl. 

And the only reason why I got the Gore is that I was able to get a LeShon McCoy Eagles auto /25 for 150 points at the same time.

And speaking of Panini Rewards, they finally put up some new cards (all NBA cards)

tjacobson Wrote:Decided to pick up one lone hanger box of 2020 prestige just to see if I could gather any of the big rookies of the year and hit the Patrick Mahomes Heroes insert and never thought twice about it, just put it in the pile of inserts. Then checked ebay just out of curiosity and saw it was going for close to 100 dollars, quickly sold mine last night for $110. Does anyone else think this is kinda crazy?? $110 for an unnumbered insert card??? Is it a super super short print?? Did I make a mistake by selling it? Hard to imagine that the price doesn't trend down after new products start coming down, but maybe I'm the fool here...
yeah the mahomes stuff is now going crazy, check out the prices on a gem mt 10 optic rookie, they are selling on ebay for $1,000 plus, this is not an auto, just the standard rookie.
I collect Eddie George, Marcus Mariota, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis and other titans
my bucket
http://s608.photobucket.com/user/aussiet...n/library/

[Image: Header_Mariota_zpsddsop4z4.jpg][/URL]

I busted five hangers of Prestige yesterday and did not pull a Heroes card, so it seems like they're not one of the most common inserts.

rjcj2017 Wrote:I busted five hangers of Prestige yesterday and did not pull a Heroes card, so it seems like they're not one of the most common inserts.
Heroes are definitely scarcer but not by much.  I have a total of 783 2020 Prestige cards right now.  I have pulled 6 Heroes (2 Mahomes, Brees Blue, Eli Manning, Rodgers and Elway).

Highlight Reel: 8 (2 Mahomes)
Honor Roll: 7
Impressions: 12
Inside the Numbers: 10 (1 Mahomes)
Old School: 13
Power House: 12
Prestigious Pros: 8
Worldwide: 12
Youth Movement: 6 (1 Mahomes)

Just strange on the sales of the Mahomes Heroes vs Youth Movement, $50 vs. $5.  Maybe I have just been lucky with the Heroes.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

dogger99 Wrote:Heroes are definitely scarcer but not by much.  I have a total of 783 2020 Prestige cards right now.  I have pulled 6 Heroes (2 Mahomes, Brees Blue, Eli Manning, Rodgers and Elway).

Highlight Reel: 8 (2 Mahomes)
Honor Roll: 7
Impressions: 12
Inside the Numbers: 10 (1 Mahomes)
Old School: 13
Power House: 12
Prestigious Pros: 8
Worldwide: 12
Youth Movement: 6 (1 Mahomes)

Just strange on the sales of the Mahomes Heroes vs Youth Movement, $50 vs. $5.  Maybe I have just been lucky with the Heroes.
I think it's the crossover appeal of the comic book treatment that makes them hot right now.

Pricing is out now. Pretty pathetic values for the non-stars: $0.60 to $1.00. Values are just a step up from the base card. Very wacko. Score is loaded with inserts compared to Prestige (not by much see comparison below) and values significantly higher. non-stars $2-$2.50.

Comparison of what I have bought:
Prestige: 783 cards total, 145 inserts (18.5%)
Score: 1247 cards total, 278 inserts (22.2%)

Yeah, site isn't what it used to be. But, they've got a new popup ad on the homepage!
**Looking for certified autos of these 86 Mets: Ojeda, Aguilera, Elster, K. Mitchell, Heep, Sisk, Leach, Niemann, Hearn, Myers, Sid Fernandez and Davey Johnson MGR **  https://www.flickr.com/photos/164322911@N05/albums