`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pays to go back over your base collection

Pays to go back over your base collection
After I re-upped for an Org this month, I went through my 2016-2020 cards to make sure it was more or less current.  Boy was I surprised to find these 3 jump out at me!

Without discussing bv's, can anyone shed light on why the Rated Rookie is priced the way it is?  I mean I get supply/demand  but it's still a base card.  The hobby box was configured for 24 packs per box and there's an expected 1 rookie and 1 rated rookie per pack.  With 100 rookies in all (50 rated and 50 otherwise), figure the Mahomes on average would land 1 every other box just about......

Maybe I just answered my own question?

RE: Pays to go back over your base collection
Cha-Ching
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Some of the pricing makes no since. Put those 2018 Donruss RC's in value decending and it drops to a normal value for DeShaun Watson.

I was going through my Brady's. Saw what the 2016 Donruss Optic Holo was valued at. I need to get it out of a top loader and into a magnetic holder.

In both our cases, makes you wonder if Beckett is accidentally adding a zero to some of these cards (or on purpose). Take a zero off and the value would be acceptable.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:Some of the pricing makes no since.  Put those 2018 Donruss RC's in value decending and it drops to a normal value for DeShaun Watson.

I was going through my Brady's.  Saw what the 2016 Donruss Optic Holo was valued at.  I need to get it out of a top loader and into a magnetic holder.

In both our cases, makes you wonder if Beckett is accidentally adding a zero to some of these cards (or on purpose).  Take a zero off and the value would be acceptable.
The 2016 Optic Brady's went up because they are actually selling for that much. Beckett was actually about a month behind raising the value. His 2012 Prizms  went way up too. Early year Prizm and Optic have skyrocketed in value for the top stars.

I have been going through my base boxes - in one box I found some 2017 Prizm - besides the Mahomes rookie there was also a Brady Silver Prizm.

Holy cow! There's some new adds to your PC hiding behind those price tags lol. I have no idea what drives prices in the card market anymore .

An extra $600 on unemployment benefits has set the market on fire. Sell now because it will get back to normal. People are trying to get these before they get too high but there will come a time when all this extra money goes away and the market settles. If you don't think this is what's going on just search closed items and see prices from March through now and how much they've increased. Football goes down in the off-season but everything is going way up. Even Mahomes Prizm rookies went down immediately by around $100 after he won the SBMVP until money started flowing into bored collectors pockets who could finally "afford" that card they wanted. June has always been my buy month but not this year. I almost feel bad for everyone who's chasing what they think is going to be normal. This is crazy!
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!

it is crazy how since the pandemic started it is harder to buy cards at a great price. collectors now are looking for optic, prizm and donruss rr. i have seen optic basketball rc of semistars and stars rise quite a few $. kicking myself in the keister for not buying more of those players a year ago.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).