`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Washington Team Name?

New Washington Team Name?
Washington Redskins started in 1933, but times have changed and a new team name will eventually come about (probably sooner than later). What would be an ideal name for this franchise?

Similar to Washington Bullets in the NBA, they changed the name, so will the Redskins. 

Unlike previous attempts where a Tribal Group sought to change the name, this time it is FedEx and various sponsors and corporations that are applying the pressure. Money talks.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

RE: New Washington Team Name?
Washington Wallbangers

Washington Spheres

Washington Enforcers

Could just go with Nationals ... St. Louis had Cardinals in football and baseball for a while.

Or Sentinels in honor of the legendary movie The Replacements starring Keanu Reeves as Shane Falco.

Washington Pigskins. Can keep the color scheme the same and still go by the nickname "skins". Plus it's a nickname for a football, sounds kind of.... baller.... to me Smile

I heard from another site & agreed with it suggestion of the Washington Warriors.
They wouldn't have to change much if they did that.
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Washington Boot Lickers.

Another key factor is that if they want to build a new stadium at the RFK site (spoiler alert, they do), they will have to change the name

I suspect that they are going to make the name Washington Redtails - after the Tuskeegee Airmen - its a good historical name and the proposed World War II plane logo that someone drew is actually really cool - but the jokes will write themselves when they lose games by several touchdowns.

Names have to change as somebody gets their feathers ruffled.  So, maybe I should contact the Mn Governor and complain that there is a town in the state that uses my last name - Ortonville.
LOL

kerryandbeth Wrote:Names have to change as somebody gets their feathers ruffled.  So, maybe I should contact the Mn Governor and complain that there is a town in the state that uses my last name - Ortonville.
LOL
At least your last name doesn't sound like a crime if a "Y" is attached at the end Smile

If they are going to bow down and change their name, Redtails is actually a pretty cool one. It'd be a legitimate honoring of some true heroes. It'd be tough to stay mad at them if they chose that one.