`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I give up

I give up
I have looked at the three closest Target stores at least 3 times a week since 2019 Topps Chrome Update came out and I have found none. Either store employes are putting them back for their friends or people are there when the vendor puts them on the shelf and buying every box they have. So I have decided that I won't get any and I am going to stop looking.

RE: I give up
Probably the later. I happened upon them right after they were put on the shelf. There were probably about 25-30 boxes. I purchased 4 but didn't get anything great with a lot of duplicates. I wish I wouldn't have got "lucky".

(11-13-2019, 06:41 PM)cspen Wrote: I have looked at the three closest Target stores at least 3 times a week since 2019 Topps Chrome Update came out and I have found none. Either store employes are putting them back for their friends or people are there when the vendor puts them on the shelf and buying every box they have. So I have decided that I won't get any and I am going to stop looking.

I know there is a guy on Facebook who buys every box he can find. He claims that he has online box breaks. And maybe he is telling the truth but I know that others aren't so honest.

cspen, you looking to complete the set or chasing big hits?
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

I've yet to find one box Sad ... scarce as hen's teeth Smile
But I ain't giving up! I'm sure I'll find a box one day!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I broke down and bought from a large on line house..paid a little more than the printed price for the mega..I had ZERO luck finding anything in 3 Targets in NO VA/DC area.

I have had the opposite luck in that Ive been finding and buying 1-2 boxes each time I go to Target, and there are always a lot of boxes available. Ive been pleasantly surprised to be honest.

These are also available online at Target.

Ok I broke down and ordered three boxes from Target.com. They should be here next Tuesday. I'll let you know if I get anything good.

If you have someone who works at the store that your close with, why not just ask them to put some aside for you. Just a suggestion.