`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL stands for No Fail Lambeau? What a joke

RE: NFL stands for No Fail Lambeau? What a joke
Every week I root for 2 teams...the Vikings and whoever plays the Packers.

I don't use State Farm because they tout Aaron on their commercials.

I didn't watch the Vikings the year Brett Favre was our QB.

Aaron's name gets mentioned about 75 times per game, even when the opposing team's offense is on the field.

The NFL changed the QB sack rules because Aaron got hurt last year.

The play clock was zero twice before the Packers were allowed to snap the ball, and it also happened twice against the Eagles, who were penalized many times during the Packers' final drive but they stopped the Pack in spite of the officials trying to help them make a comeback.

Yes, every team has had situations that a bad call might have cost them the game. But, name one this year for the Pack.

I am sick of the NFL shoving them down our throats, as if we want to see them on national TV every week.

I am perfectly fine with Packers fans supporting their team, enjoying the QB situation over the years, and getting excited about a 12 yard game-winning field goal. The NFL needs to back off and be fair.

And, if you think I am just a Viking fan resentful for the past history, 90% of what I just said also applies to these teams:
Cowboys
Patriots
Steelers (not this year, though)
Seahawks (not so much so far this year)

(10-16-2019, 01:50 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The day Rodgers retires will be one of the best days of my life.

It makes me sick just to look at him.

Drew Brees = More accomplishments, much better guy, not nearly as mush press as Aaron for whatever reason.

Bakhtari is the dirtiest player in the league by a wide margin as well.

The thing I respect about Patriots fans is they're like, "Yeah, we cheat, so what? Deal with it."

Packers fans, not so much. They point out the exact 2 or 3 times they've been screwed, because that's all they have.

Don't even get me started on Hail Marys.

It is what it is.

If you want tainted victories, be my guest.

The Lions lead the league in "Meaningless Monday Apologies by the NFL" by a large margin ... it isn't even close.
I won't argue about Brees, he's a special man, on and off the field! The same can't be said for Rodgers.

(10-16-2019, 03:33 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Every week I root for 2 teams...the Vikings and whoever plays the Packers.

I don't use State Farm because they tout Aaron on their commercials.

I didn't watch the Vikings the year Brett Favre was our QB.

Aaron's name gets mentioned about 75 times per game, even when the opposing team's offense is on the field.

The NFL changed the QB sack rules because Aaron got hurt last year.

The play clock was zero twice before the Packers were allowed to snap the ball, and it also happened twice against the Eagles, who were penalized many times during the Packers' final drive but they stopped the Pack in spite of the officials trying to help them make a comeback.

Yes, every team has had situations that a bad call might have cost them the game. But, name one this year for the Pack.

I am sick of the NFL shoving them down our throats, as if we want to see them on national TV every week.

I am perfectly fine with Packers fans supporting their team, enjoying the QB situation over the years, and getting excited about a 12 yard game-winning field goal. The NFL needs to back off and be fair.

And, if you think I am just a Viking fan resentful for the past history, 90% of what I just said also applies to these teams:
Cowboys
Patriots
Steelers (not this year, though)
Seahawks (not so much so far this year)
Well no one can accuse you of being inconsistent in your loyalties! Smile Karma always comes around. Rodgers' days are numbered, and unless the football gods smile on us for a third time in a row, the NFC North won't be all about the Packers anymore.

I am not sure about Rodger's days being numbered. The NFL would gladly change more rules in order for the older QBs to be able to keep playing...two-hand touch, flag, 5-second rule before rushing the QB, etc. You know, Pro Bowl protocol.

(10-17-2019, 10:22 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I am not sure about Rodger's days being numbered. The NFL would gladly change more rules in order for the older QBs to be able to keep playing...two-hand touch, flag, 5-second rule before rushing the QB, etc. You know, Pro Bowl protocol.
They better not...its hardly watchable as it is!