`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL stands for No Fail Lambeau? What a joke

NFL stands for No Fail Lambeau? What a joke
Why does the NFL continue to protect the Packers?! Every time they get sacked a penalty is called on the opposition. Every time a long pass is thrown by the other team a Packer is allowed to interfere. How can they do this and call it fair??

Shameful!! Apparently the Lions are sacrificial lambs...but this is one of many games over the years that phantom calls have given more chances to the Gold and Green. The NBA has flopping by players, but the NFL has refs/umpires flopping flags onto the field, and it appears the NFL has instructed this activity for the benefit of certain teams.

This is a business, and every business has underhanded or unethical activity. The difference is this activity is blatantly in front of the public and there is nothing that can be done about it. Ridiculous!!

RE: NFL stands for No Fail Lambeau? What a joke
I'm just glad it isn't the Patriots at the center of controversy for once!
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(10-14-2019, 10:28 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Why does the NFL continue to protect the PATRIOTS?! Every time they get sacked a penalty is called on the opposition. Every time a long pass is thrown by the other team a PATRIOT is allowed to interfere. How can they do this and call it fair??

Shameful!! Apparently EVERYONE ELSE are sacrificial lambs...but this is one of many games over the years that phantom calls have given more chances to the NEW ENGLAND CHEATERS. The NBA has flopping by players, but the NFL has refs/umpires flopping flags onto the field, and it appears the NFL has instructed this activity for the benefit of certain teams.

This is a business, and every business has underhanded or unethical activity. The difference is this activity is blatantly in front of the public and there is nothing that can be done about it. Ridiculous!!
There! Fixed it!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(10-15-2019, 08:35 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: There! Fixed it!
My rant could apply to 5-7 teams, but the Packers are on TV so much in the Midwest that it seems more obvious to me.

As we all know, I'm a diehard Lions fan.

I chose not to watch the game last night - pretty dire family situation at the moment - and was just not in the mood to watch or listen to the Aaron Rodgers Group Love Fest that every non-Packers fan is subjected to every time they are on TV.

I'm glad I didn't ... heard it was pretty awful.

Does everyone believe me that the league is fixed now?

"Tonight the Detroit Lions are wrestling for the WWE Championship against Green Bay at Lambeau Field ..."

Does like the NFL understand that pretty much every non-Packers fan - basically the other 31 teams - despises him?

Clearly they don't care.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a legit, non-scripted game this weekend against Minnesota.

Good luck, Packers - I hope the Patriots destroy you in the Super Bowl.

Sometimes I wonder if the NFL has it in for the Lions specifically. Remember that TD called incomplete on Megatron against the Bears that gave Chicago the win? NFL needs to stop legislating the game to death.

(10-15-2019, 12:35 PM)jplarson Wrote: Sometimes I wonder if the NFL has it in for the Lions specifically. Remember that TD called incomplete on Megatron against the Bears that gave Chicago the win? NFL needs to stop legislating the game to death.
It will never change as long as "The Super Bowl halftime show is brought to you by Ford."

Martha needs to tell Goodell that there's no more sponsorship money until the Lions have a legit chance to compete.

Sooooooo tired of it.

Vince McMahon showed how easy it is/was to make it look real with the XFL. Totally scripted and people still tried to bet on games. All the pansy-ball rules nowadays just make it easier for the officials to change the direction of a game. Baseball has it with the Strikes/Balls called. It's all Entertainment, as Vince would say.
**Looking for certified autos of these 86 Mets: Ojeda, Aguilera, Elster, K. Mitchell, Heep, Sisk, Leach, Niemann, Hearn, Myers, Sid Fernandez and Davey Johnson MGR **  https://www.flickr.com/photos/164322911@N05/albums

Ok, yes I am a homer, so this may sound like I'm just trying to protect my team's name, but I'm trying to be objective. So here goes! I feel bad for the Lions, because I believe they indeed should have gotten one more possession. The first call of hands to the face was pretty lame. Flowers' hand did hit Bahktiari in the face, but only for the briefest of moments. The "no interference" call was a good call. Redmond did not impact the WR. Yes, his arm was across the chest, but there was no forcible contact in my opinion. The second hands to the face was a definite bad call. Thus, Lions should have had a chance to go win the game. Let's also not forget how many times the Lions settled for FGs in the packers red zone. Field goals won't beat Rodgers in most games. Were the Lions robbed? Possibly.

As to the "packers get all the calls" argument, I think you missed a few games over the years lol. Phantom calls on Matthews roughing the passer last year were huge. They missed a blatant facemask call in the NFC championship game that sent the cardinals to the SB that would have very possibly sent the Packers instead, if called. There was the fail mary. We've had our fair share of getting screwed by officials.

I won't argue that the officials seem to give us more leeway when it comes to offside calls when Rodgers is trying to get guys to jump. That's the only thing I've seen that the packers get consistently. I don't blame people for being tired of seeing Rodgers or the packers, or the fan boy attitude a lot of announcers have for him. We as fans have been given a treat to have two HOF quarterbacks in a row, keeping us competitive every year (almost). I can understand people hating that, especially in our division lol.

The win this week didn't feel very good seeing the refs impact the game as they did. Even knowing that we've been on the receiving end several times doesn't make me feel any better. I just hope that I, and others, are objective enough to be able to call things as they are. I'm sorry Lions fans, but take solace that at least we aren't the patriots! Smile

(10-16-2019, 12:05 PM)savagenate Wrote: Ok, yes I am a homer, so this may sound like I'm just trying to protect my team's name, but I'm trying to be objective. So here goes! I feel bad for the Lions, because I believe they indeed should have gotten one more possession. The first call of hands to the face was pretty lame. Flowers' hand did hit Bahktiari in the face, but only for the briefest of moments. The "no interference" call was a good call. Redmond did not impact the WR. Yes, his arm was across the chest, but there was no forcible contact in my opinion. The second hands to the face was a definite bad call. Thus, Lions should have had a chance to go win the game. Let's also not forget how many times the Lions settled for FGs in the packers red zone. Field goals won't beat Rodgers in most games. Were the Lions robbed? Possibly.

As to the "packers get all the calls" argument, I think you missed a few games over the years lol. Phantom calls on Matthews roughing the passer last year were huge. They missed a blatant facemask call in the NFC championship game that sent the cardinals to the SB that would have very possibly sent the Packers instead, if called. There was the fail mary. We've had our fair share of getting screwed by officials.

I won't argue that the officials seem to give us more leeway when it comes to offside calls when Rodgers is trying to get guys to jump. That's the only thing I've seen that the packers get consistently. I don't blame people for being tired of seeing Rodgers or the packers, or the fan boy attitude a lot of announcers have for him. We as fans have been given a treat to have two HOF quarterbacks in a row, keeping us competitive every year (almost). I can understand people hating that, especially in our division lol.

The win this week didn't feel very good seeing the refs impact the game as they did. Even knowing that we've been on the receiving end several times doesn't make me feel any better. I just hope that I, and others, are objective enough to be able to call things as they are. I'm sorry Lions fans, but take solace that at least we aren't the patriots! Smile
The day Rodgers retires will be one of the best days of my life.

It makes me sick just to look at him.

Drew Brees = More accomplishments, much better guy, not nearly as mush press as Aaron for whatever reason.

Bakhtari is the dirtiest player in the league by a wide margin as well.

The thing I respect about Patriots fans is they're like, "Yeah, we cheat, so what? Deal with it."

Packers fans, not so much. They point out the exact 2 or 3 times they've been screwed, because that's all they have.

Don't even get me started on Hail Marys.

It is what it is.

If you want tainted victories, be my guest.

The Lions lead the league in "Meaningless Monday Apologies by the NFL" by a large margin ... it isn't even close.