`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston Tristar Show - some buys and a couple of boxes

Houston Tristar Show - some buys and a couple of boxes
Made our (daughter and myself) bi-annual track to the Tristar show in Houston today, some really good stuff to be had for the right price!

We made our way to the usual guy who sells the Tristar mystery signed baseballs as my daughter loves these, always go to the same guy as had some decent success such as Lorenzo Cain WS signed ball, Tim Raines ball, and this show got a nice Dave Winfield ball. I like it when the older guy who runs the stall starts to ask if she knows who that is and is astounded that a teenage girl does!

An artist by the name of Ike Rodriguez was at the show and he had some great paintings, but I went for some prints instead. Got a signed Springer print limited to 10, of which George actually owns the original painting as he bought it for his Dad, and he threw in some other prints for us. Nice friendly guy and he is worth checking out at www.ikeartstudio.com

Surprisingly didn't buy many cards, thought the dealers were asking to much for them, so opted for a box of 2018 Finest and 2019 Finest.

2018 Finest was pretty poor, aside from an Ohtani RC I think the Ripken die cut was the highlight so a bit disappointing really.

The 2019 Finest was far better; Orange wave refractor AU of Kikuchi (sadly a redemption), Voit AU, Vlad Jr SP, Rivera die-cut and Ohtani /250 refractor amongst the main cards.

Thumbnails should be attached, a good day as always, now looking forward to our
first ever trip to the National in Chicago this year!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

RE: Houston Tristar Show - some buys and a couple of boxes
Great stuff! Winfield Ball is a pretty nice 'mystery' grab and love the Voit auto (as a Yankee fan, that would have been my two favorites Smile )
The art prints are quite nice. Great artist!
Thanks for sharing you acquisitions with us!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Good stuff. I missed it somehow this year. I was thinking it was on father's day weekend again.
Looking for: Nolan Ryan (top priority), Correa, Bregman, Bo Jackson
2018 & 2019 Topps Independence Day /76 Astros

Ebay & Blowout: Bwood00

Will trade or sell anything not listed above.

(06-11-2019, 05:33 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Great stuff! Winfield Ball is a pretty nice 'mystery' grab and love the Voit auto
Thanks!

My daughter loves the mystery box balls, the guy who we buy from is in his 70's and his enthusiasm is like a teenager's, he is so pleased to see someone land a ball like that Winfield, hence we always go to him.

The mystery balls fixation for her goes back a few years where the Astros used to sell grab bags with an auto'd ball for $25 and when they did this I'd always get her one. There was this one time she did this there were some guys in front of us who were messing, so they let her go ahead of them. She hands over the money, picks a bag, opens it and starts jumping up and down shouting "I got Biggio"! The guys who let her go ahead of them were staring in disbelief!

I will get round to listing the Voit for trade, we can't possibly keep a Yankees card in the house for long...
(06-11-2019, 08:22 PM)BrandonWoodall315 Wrote: I missed it somehow this year.
You didn't miss much, was a pretty quiet show for baseball, GTSM really have barged into Tristar on their home turf and have all the main players on contract.
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!