`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Vs Other Sites

Beckett Vs Other Sites
So Im torn between getting the $99 sub for the price guide and organization tool or not. I dont have a lot of $ to put into the hobby so what I can use I put to cards. However, I have narrowed my collections and wish to trade cards away for cards I want. It seems the Beckett is the only name around to trade safe or am I wrong there? I see Trading card database for organization but not trading? Any other sites you know of?

RE: Beckett Vs Other Sites
There are other trade sites but my understanding is the others are designed for higher end cards. I like Beckett because I can request 25 cards from one person and they can do same.

As far as trustworthy, there are always jerks and scammers but usually quickly found and banned!

Beckett is the only place I'll make online trades. I just dont trust anywhere else other than in person at an LCS or a show.

Since I have 2300 trades here, I concur..like this site and the traders here..can trade commons for other cards etc...nice group of honest people..

I trade on a couple different sites and have pretty good luck on all of them. Some are busier than others. I really like how you can see who has certain cards for trade on Beckett. You do have to pay on Beckett, but you do get the pricing and are able to keep good track of what cards you have and need.

Do you loose all of your collection stats if you for example only paid for a year than took a year off then got it back the following? Can you pick up right where you left off?

I never pay for a year at a time. I do one month at a time and set it up for automatic renewal. I only do baseball so my cost is $11 a month. While it may be cheaper to do longer terms, I prefer one month at a time. I want to spend as little money each month as I can.

(06-10-2019, 01:17 PM)OsBohs89 Wrote: Do you loose all of your collection stats if you for example only paid for a year than took a year off then got it back the following? Can you pick up right where you left off?
You stay a member but without access to the ORG and OPG, so the stats should not go away unless you are gone for a long time.

Worth every penny in my opinion. It's not perfect but my collection is 99% organized and I at least have some idea of value. Trading works like a charm.
Looking for: Nolan Ryan (top priority), Correa, Bregman, Bo Jackson
2018 & 2019 Topps Independence Day /76 Astros

Ebay & Blowout: Bwood00

Will trade or sell anything not listed above.

(06-10-2019, 01:17 PM)OsBohs89 Wrote: Do you loose all of your collection stats if you for example only paid for a year than took a year off then got it back the following? Can you pick up right where you left off?
It would be nice if they either went away after a long period of time or were simply hidden from others seeing when a user is no longer active. Unfortunately, when you search for a card and find someone who has it, you might then find out the user hasn't been active in 10 years. So I am certain they don't delete cards in your ORG, though I wish there was some limit to it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/