`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favorite Collection

Your Favorite Collection
What is everyones favorite collection/organization you have put together? Is it a year complete set, a team set through the years, a single player collection or the all favorite rookie or hall of fame collections?

I enjoy my rookie success collection and Orioles autographs/relics.

RE: Your Favorite Collection
Good question. But, difficult to narrow down so I will list a few favorite items:

2013 Panini Prizm Prizms Red Pulsar set (300 cards)
2015 Bowman Chrome Draft Refractors set
2001 UD Most Wanted insert set (most are hall of famers now)

I like cards based on appearance, and I also like a good challenge to complete a set by trade or purchase.

Wow...tough question. I will follow Kerry's lead
1. 2001 Donruss Diamond Kings Auto's including Reprints and All Time DK's On card autos with varying print runs and a few hiccups due to skip numbering.
2. 2005 Donruss 25th Anniversary Serial # to 25 400 card set I am at 365/400

3. Elite Series...1991 - 2019 and going ahh it has history in 91 it had a short print run of 10,000 give perspective on the hobby

4. Barry Bonds collector with no idea of how much stuff I really have need to do a huge sort session

1992 Fleer All Stars. My dad and I put the set together back when inserts brought in some serious money. We bought boxes and frequented card shows to get that set put together. I remember my dad paying $20 for the Frank Thomas because we couldn't pull it no matter how many boxes we bought.

Of course now you can pick up the entire set for less than $20 probably, but it's something that I'll always remember doing and will never get rid of.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(05-23-2019, 06:13 AM)SGC300ier Wrote: 1992 Fleer All Stars. My dad and I put the set together back when inserts brought in some serious money. We bought boxes and frequented card shows to get that set put together. I remember my dad paying $20 for the Frank Thomas because we couldn't pull it no matter how many boxes we bought.

Of course now you can pick up the entire set for less than $20 probably, but it's something that I'll always remember doing and will never get rid of.
I have that set...and have always liked it. Even better that you can put a story with your Dad to it!

Thats awesome! I love the sets with a story tied to them. May not be a lot in money value but has a lot of personal value.

To continue, that is why I started collecting again. I have two sons of my own, and try to get them involved as much as possible. It was something I really enjoyed doing with my dad. My youngest just wants to draw on the cards, but my oldest (6 y/o) has his own binder full of Topps Heritage. I let him have the jersey cards I pulled as well. He takes them everywhere to show people and let them touch the swatch in the card. I assume by the end those cards will be ruined, but then there is a teachable moment on how important it is to take care of their cards to keep them in good condition.

[Image: h6wRomT.png]

1975 Topps Mini is probably my favorite that I put together myself.

I'm still working on quite a few other sets, though.

For players, definitely my Drew Bledsoe collection. ...although I just had to part with one card from it. *sob*

I have 1850+ other Bledsoe cards and loads of memorabilia of him, though, so that eases the sadness a bit.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Perez-Steele HOF postcard set with all 15 series the same serial number. My father was wise to be a member during this time and had all the Perez-Steel sets at one point.

There are no autographs to obtain for this set, other than former HOF President Ed Stack, so I'm going to start the process of getting it all graded and authenticated.

Every card that's autographed I want the auto graded in addition to authentication.

For every card that's not autographed, I'd like to have it graded. Even Babe Ruth is $60 raw!

It's been quite a journey. The last autographs I got were George Brett and Carl Yastrzemski. Missed out on a few like Puckett and Stargell but have all the big guns like DiMaggio, Mantle, Williams, Koufax, Mays, Aaron, Musial, Nolan Ryan, and even got Carl Hubbell back in the day!

My Cooperstown collection is rapidly approaching 11,000 different cards according to Organize.

This includes lots of base cards from junk wax era but I mainly focus on oddball, food cards, Starting Lineup's, SGA's, parallels/inserts specifically from the 90's, and of course O-Pee-Chee!
(05-22-2019, 09:42 PM)mistral38 Wrote: Wow...tough question. I will follow Kerry's lead
1. 2001 Donruss Diamond Kings Auto's including Reprints and All Time DK's On card autos with varying print runs and a few hiccups due to skip numbering.
2. 2005 Donruss 25th Anniversary Serial # to 25 400 card set I am at 365/400

3. Elite Series...1991 - 2019 and going ahh it has history in 91 it had a short print run of 10,000 give perspective on the hobby

4. Barry Bonds collector with no idea of how much stuff I really have need to do a huge sort session
I'd estimate I've opened close to 100 boxes of 1991 Donruss over the last 3-4 years and have only pulled two Elite Inserts: Fielder and Dawson...Tongue
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(05-25-2019, 12:14 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: Perez-Steele HOF postcard set with all 15 series the same serial number. My father was wise to be a member during this time and had all the Perez-Steel sets at one point.

There are no autographs to obtain for this set, other than former HOF President Ed Stack, so I'm going to start the process of getting it all graded and authenticated.

Every card that's autographed I want the auto graded in addition to authentication.

For every card that's not autographed, I'd like to have it graded. Even Babe Ruth is $60 raw!

It's been quite a journey. The last autographs I got were George Brett and Carl Yastrzemski. Missed out on a few like Puckett and Stargell but have all the big guns like DiMaggio, Mantle, Williams, Koufax, Mays, Aaron, Musial, Nolan Ryan, and even got Carl Hubbell back in the day!

My Cooperstown collection is rapidly approaching 11,000 different cards according to Organize.

This includes lots of base cards from junk wax era but I mainly focus on oddball, food cards, Starting Lineup's, SGA's, parallels/inserts specifically from the 90's, and of course O-Pee-Chee!

I'd estimate I've opened close to 100 boxes of 1991 Donruss over the last 3-4 years and have only pulled two Elite Inserts: Fielder and Dawson...Tongue
I see a complete set of Elite Series (well pre- Pinnacle - Panini) 1991 - 1996 up on ebay with some nice grades