`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mookie Betts

RE: Mookie Betts
(04-16-2019, 03:08 PM)zeprock Wrote: Here is a link to your thread the last time you asked this question:

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-16...ight=MB-20
Too funny! hahaha

Reminds me of conversations with my wife..."Dear, like I told you last September, at 9pm, while you were watching the Twins, this is what I want to do for vacation in July."

(04-16-2019, 03:26 PM)cspen Wrote: I just looked through a box of rookie cards and found another Mookie rc but this one is card #US-20. So I have one US-20 and one MB-20.
Here is the front and back of the second card
I'm actually thinking I may send both cards in for grading? Thoughts?
I misspoke. Both cards are#US-20. I guess I will send in only one for grading.
After a little more investigating it appears that the Chrome cards should be MB and the paper version should be US.
I believe the MB stands for Mega Box.

(04-16-2019, 04:07 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Reminds me of conversations with my wife..."Dear, like I told you last September, at 9pm, while you were watching the Twins, this is what I want to do for vacation in July."
Our wives may be related. Mine will be putting clothes away in her closet up in the loft while I'm in my card room in the back corner of the basement and I'll come out and hear her (three levels above me) in mid conversation with me. Later she'll say I TOLD you.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-16-2019, 04:27 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I believe the MB stands for Mega Box.
Did they even have the Mega Boxes that far back?

(04-17-2019, 09:38 AM)cspen Wrote: Did they even have the Mega Boxes that far back?
Yeah, that was the first year they did Mega Boxes ... I believe it was 6 packs (?) of regular Update and then two Chrome packs.

I remember busting a couple because I was chasing Abreu and Tanaka at the time.

There is still no 2014 Topps Chrome #US-20 listed in Beckett's data base but I have two of them.

I wonder if I send one of mine in to Beckett for grading and call it #US-20 if it will come back as that or would they label it as something different.

There are graded cards from Beckett. They are listed as MB20 in on the case and the card is #ed US20. Search eBay for the auction
2014 Topps Chrome Update #MB20 Mookie Betts BGS 9.5 RC Red Sox

Not my auction!!!

AS mentioned in the past regarding that Mookie RC

US26a is the update / flagship series Mookie RC
NOT the chrome update.
US20 is Gregory Polanco not Mookie
US is their numbering for Update Series and MB is for Mega Box
All the other cards in the Chrome Update are designated MB ... but for some reason, they majorly screwed up on Mookie's Chrome Update so for consistency I guess they're keeping the MB designation even though it is printed as US20 .... and look closer, those stats on the chrome is messed up something awful.
It says he's 6'3" and 215 lbs and drafted by the blue jays!?!?
Also, he has someone's pitching stats instead of his ... wacky stuff going on with that card.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I know, for a kinda major card of his, the card is a mess, stats and numbering etc..