`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Discussion

RE: Draft Discussion
(04-24-2019, 10:59 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: Man this has been as crazy a season as ever in the draft world. I really don't think anyone outside of Arizona knows what's happening at number 1. Half the reports out there say Murray is penciled in. While the other half say Rosen is their guy. Some people even have them taking Quinen Williams or Bosa.

The (almost) consensus is that Murray, Bosa, Allen and Williams go top 4. In what order, though?
Nightmare scenario (for me, anyway) ... Stafford either takes a year off or retires to help out with family situation ... Lions trade for Rosen to either fill in gap or be franchise guy moving forward.

(04-24-2019, 10:59 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: Man this has been as crazy a season as ever in the draft world. I really don't think anyone outside of Arizona knows what's happening at number 1. Half the reports out there say Murray is penciled in. While the other half say Rosen is their guy. Some people even have them taking Quinen Williams or Bosa.

The (almost) consensus is that Murray, Bosa, Allen and Williams go top 4. In what order, though?
Tonight is going to be so much fun! I think this is the murkiest draft in a few years. In past years there seemed to be a set order. 2012 I had Luck and Griffin as 1-2. I had Wentz and Goff 1-2. Winston and Mariota 1-2. Last year I had Baker as 1. And then there were picks that didn't really surprise. But this year, we have no clue what will happen! It all depends on a team's flavor at this point! We might see a lot of trades, which would be really fun!
(04-24-2019, 11:10 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Nightmare scenario (for me, anyway) ... Stafford either takes a year off or retires to help out with family situation ... Lions trade for Rosen to either fill in gap or be franchise guy moving forward.
That would be a shocker!

I would like some kind of notification on my TV or phone anytime a team makes a decision, whether it be a trade or pick. The length of time it takes for a team to decide is painful to watch! There is only so much the hosts can say about a team waiting for it...last year they started talking about Mel's hair. Give me a break!

I love the draft ... Mel's hair and all ... my 3 teams pick in the first 8 of the draft, barring trades, should be awesome!

Lions by birth, 49ers and Raiders by proximity ...

I completely agree about the need for less filling Kerryandbeth lol. I totally geeked out over this draft. I managed to get several picks right. I even had the raiders taking ferrell! But at 27 instead lol. I'm a bit puzzled by the packers picks, though it started to make more sense to me the more I thought about it. Gary will be a project. He reminds me of Nick Perry. Trading up for Savage was a strange move to me, but with his speed, I can see why we grabbed him. We have to worry about the high flying offense of the bears, and Savage can match up with guys like Cohen and Miller. I'm pleased with the positions, but puzzled over the names mostly.

Hockenson will be a beast in the North. That's going to suck for the rest of us lol. Viking keep trying to fix the o-line. Can't wait to see what happens tonight!

(04-15-2019, 10:13 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: However, he has been bucking all sorts of trends in his old age, so if I had to throw out names, I'm going with N'Keal Harry from Arizona State or AJ Brown from Ole Miss still being available by 32.
Look, mom, I did it!
(04-26-2019, 11:07 AM)savagenate Wrote: I even had the raiders taking ferrell! But at 27 instead lol.
Most puzzling pick of the draft for me. They could've definitely taken him later. Well, I say that, then the Giants picked Daniel Jones LOL. Don't get me wrong, but a bit of a reach. He likely would've been there for their second pick too.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(04-26-2019, 11:17 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: Look, mom, I did it!

Most puzzling pick of the draft for me. They could've definitely taken him later. Well, I say that, then the Giants picked Daniel Jones LOL. Don't get me wrong, but a bit of a reach. He likely would've been there for their second pick too.
Well done lol.

Yeah, I thought he'd be there later too, but I guess they are trying to make a statement on the character of the guys to make up the new Raiders. That said, trading for the diva bling bling Brown is a complete 180 from Ferrell it sounds like. Raiders are building a tough, hardworking team. I'll be interested to see how they do.

I'm rooting for the Raiders honestly. Always been a big Gruden fan. His football smarts are off the charts, it's just whether or not he can translate that to the players and have them execute on the field. Plus they drafted an Alabama running back, so I have to keep my eye on him.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50