`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Discussion

RE: Draft Discussion
(04-15-2019, 12:14 PM)jplarson Wrote: for Rosen???
I wouldn't hate trading for Rosen. Plenty of time to learn/mature under current leadership. Biggest problem in AZ was the kid had no time to throw, the Patriots o-line would be an immediate upgrade. As would McDaniels > Mike McCoy. But no, I was referring to trading up. Although Rosen would come with a smaller price tag...
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(04-15-2019, 02:36 PM)foleylion08 Wrote: I wouldn't hate trading for Rosen. Plenty of time to learn/mature under current leadership. Biggest problem in AZ was the kid had no time to throw, the Patriots o-line would be an immediate upgrade. As would McDaniels > Mike McCoy. But no, I was referring to trading up. Although Rosen would come with a smaller price tag...
OK, full disclosure, I am a USC graduate, fan and collector, so I can't stand Rosen (UCLA guy).

But, to be fair, he had NO chance in Arizona last year with a defensive minded rookie head coach and suspect O-line and players around him.

Plus, everything you read and hear about how that organization is run ...

He actually played pretty well for a rookie QB with such a thin support system and I would not be surprised at all if he went to the Patriots and became a huge star in a couple (few?) years when Brady retires.

The guy has some serious skill, you just hope (well, I don't) that he doesn't become one of those guys - Joey Harrington, Alex Smith, etc. - that changes coaches and coordinators so early and often in his career that he never establishes the confidence necessary to succeed.

If I were the Pats I would definitely try to pick him up.

Rosen could be the Rodgers to Pats Brady. From what I'm hearing, he should cost a rd 2 selection. One theory I've heard though is that Washington is in play for Rosen. Case Keenum excelled under Kingsburry back in the day, so a trade of Keenum and a 3rd for Rosen might get both clubs to commit.

For the pats, there's a TE, can't remember his name now, that is a sleeper in rd 2. They say he's a poor man's Gronk, so maybe there's hope if they wanted to trade out of the first. But yeah, big double boo to the pats and alabama lol :p

(04-16-2019, 10:07 AM)savagenate Wrote: But yeah, big double boo to the pats and alabama lol :p
At least I'm a fan of the Pistons and Red Sox and not the Warriors and Yankees, right? lol

(04-16-2019, 11:38 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: At least I'm a fan of the Pistons and Red Sox and not the Warriors and Yankees, right? lol
True, it could be worse! lol!

I've never seen my co-workers this excited for a draft in all my years living in Wisconsin. It's been hell being a Bears fan here Wink

(04-18-2019, 08:03 AM)jplarson Wrote: I've never seen my co-workers this excited for a draft in all my years living in Wisconsin. It's been hell being a Bears fan here Wink
I'm pretty excited ... yes, I know the Lions' record wasn't good last year, but I felt (and feel) they have a better team than their record indicated.

So to add the #8 pick to that roster is pretty exciting.

(04-18-2019, 08:03 AM)jplarson Wrote: I've never seen my co-workers this excited for a draft in all my years living in Wisconsin. It's been hell being a Bears fan here Wink
Haha! Looking at the name "Mack" on your roster should alleviate some of those feelings!
(04-18-2019, 10:02 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I'm pretty excited ... yes, I know the Lions' record wasn't good last year, but I felt (and feel) they have a better team than their record indicated.

So to add the #8 pick to that roster is pretty exciting.
It's so much more fun come draft time to draft higher...last time packers drafter near this high they took Raji at #9 I think. He was a beast. There's a chance Oliver or Williams could fall to you guys and be similar players!

I love how the Raiders gave away Mack in that trade and are now focused on drafting a pass rusher.

Man this has been as crazy a season as ever in the draft world. I really don't think anyone outside of Arizona knows what's happening at number 1. Half the reports out there say Murray is penciled in. While the other half say Rosen is their guy. Some people even have them taking Quinen Williams or Bosa.

The (almost) consensus is that Murray, Bosa, Allen and Williams go top 4. In what order, though?