`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Standards

RE: Grading Standards
Some years ago I submitted a 2012 Bowman Platinum Prospect Autograph card of Charlie Tilson, and it was given a 6 for centering.

I couldn't see how it got that grade, so submitted it again, and this time it got a 9.5 for centering.

Now how does one grader see a 6 and another sees a 9.5 for centering? It just shouldn't be possible for a measurable criteria like this to have such an extreme degree of variation.

I suspect this was a transcription/labeling problem, and not a case of a grader needing an eye check, but because Beckett has a 'you cannot dispute a grade' policy egregious errors such as this cannot be addressed. When I contacted Beckett to ask how such a variation could have occurred they failed to even respond.

Would it really be so difficult to do what the textbooks say a good company should do - acknowledge that they do sometimes make mistakes, that they appreciate having them drawn to their attention as it helps them to work to continually improve their service, and oh, by the way, here's a refund for the job we didn't perform to our own expectations.

Just my 2c worth.