`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the 2018 Hobby

RE: Rate the 2018 Hobby
I'd say a 4 sounds about right to me, too. I wasn't as thrilled with the rookie class this year as I was in 2017. Bregman, Benintendi, Judge, Bellinger, Haniger, etc... They excited me much more than Ohtani and the others this year.

Additionally, since I didn't like the 2018 Topps design, that meant I didn't like Topps Chrome either.

I did enjoy the new Topps Big League set, though.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(11-20-2018, 03:32 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Dare I say it, this year's RC class reminds me of ... gasp ... 2011!

Imagine if a base Acuna RC from Topps Update hits the $400 mark raw like that fish guy in Anaheim?
I'd like to know the difference in print runs of the 2011 compared to the 2018.....

Strong 2

Topps once again over produced everything again...

I knew Ohtani and Torres would have a ton of cards, but seriously down the stretch i think they made 5 million different Acuna RCs. The only dude worth chasing of the rookie class is Soto

Please get rid of the Topps on demand, Topps Now and Topps Live BS

And why are we as collectors buying them the secondary market sucks across the board total waste
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(11-20-2018, 01:23 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Right! If the Twins had called up Kirilloff or Lewis or even Gordon, I would have rated it an 8. Why do teams that are having a crappy season refuse to give the young guys some major league experience?!! I suppose it is about the money...
Right ... it keeps them from free agency and under team control for an extra year if they keep'em down on the farm longer.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I will give a 9. Some excitement again this year with many new prospects and the hype of Ohtani. For me I always buy the bowman products and heritage to do the sets, except for the bowman tek. That keeps me entertain through the year. I always try my luck with some high end products, which usually I pulled something great out of it.

(11-24-2018, 07:22 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Strong 2

Topps once again over produced everything again...

I knew Ohtani and Torres would have a ton of cards, but seriously down the stretch i think they made 5 million different Acuna RCs. The only dude worth chasing of the rookie class is Soto

Please get rid of the Topps on demand, Topps Now and Topps Live BS

And why are we as collectors buying them the secondary market sucks across the board total waste
Topps over producing rookies will not change, we might as well expect it with each new crop of rookies going forward. On Demand, Topps Now and Topps Living are thankfully here to stay. Everyone should collect what they like and if a product is not for you just avoid it. I will not purchase cards without logos but recognize others like them so they have a place in this hobby. I also recognize everyone has an opinion to which they are entitled.

I give the hobby a F-. Didn't inspire me to buy a single item and I unsubscribed from Topps and Upper Deck emails.

I'm starting to turn into Clint Eastwood from Gran Turino and I'm only 42...
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars