Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card collecting now

RE: Card collecting now
(05-20-2018, 07:37 AM)jonathani Wrote: +1
You nailed it for me. Changing the color of the border and printing less of it does not do it for me, personally.
To each their own.

Color parallels are one of my favorite things about collecting.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(05-21-2018, 05:07 PM)hempick Wrote: To each their own.

Color parallels are one of my favorite things about collecting.
Looks like it's us vs them lol.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I enjoy the serial numbered & color parallels & refractors. Like them mainly becuase being serial numbered I feel they're limited & that I'm lucky enough to have 1 out of the 25, 50 or 99 that were made of that particular card.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(05-17-2018, 10:51 PM)hempick Wrote: I love parallels and I'll never understand why so many people hate them so much. *shrug*
Probably because theres just too many of them!!! For player collectors its a nightmare.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-25-2018, 02:06 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Probably because theres just too many of them!!! For player collectors its a nightmare.
+1. What about team collectors!!!! I tried a couple of years ago to collect all the Phillies from flagship Topps and it was impossible...well not impossible but expensive esp with the yellow and green retail exclusives. Gave up 1/4 of the way through Series 2. Became no fun and cost more than I wanted to spend.

I love them though and always like getting them when opening.

Not a fan of refractors, though I really don't know why....LOL

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(05-17-2018, 08:18 PM)Jlcarter Wrote: I know it's changed with autographs, relics, short prints, and other cards. I like autographs and relics. I am not a big fan of the same card with different colors.
For me I like rookies and base cards, autographs, and relics. What does everyone else think? About what cards you like to get.
I'm not a big fan of parallels in general. But I do like the parallels in '97 Bowman Chrome. In my opinion, there were just enough parallels (refractor, international, international refractor) without them being over done.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

I like parallels to an extent. If the color matches with the team color I love them otherwise not so much. I will look for Red Sox reg. refractor, red, black, gold, and sometimes blue and green but I have no interest in the orange or purples.

In general I buy what looks good to me. I love simple designs like Stadium Club and not a fan of cards that look busy(some Finest designs) or boring(A & G)

And I really only need/want 1 auto of a player but if I see one I like better than what I already have I'll add it.