`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Card In Beckett Organize?

Is This Card In Beckett Organize?
I have this Young and I am trying to add it to my organize. I can not find it. It is an Action Packed card and I believe it is from 1994?

[Image: IMG_2308_zpsivvbli6q.jpg~original]

[Image: IMG_2309_zpsiiyqcrwp.jpg~original]
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

RE: Is This Card In Beckett Organize?
Check out the very last work in the flavor text - PROTOTYPE. I saw some evidence using google pictures that other prototypes exist such as Jerry Rice. With the amount of possible promos and prototypes out there, it's not surprising they haven't all been cataloged. Given that it's a prototype and not a promo, I don't know if it will ever get listed in Beckett but it's a slick card. In terms of value I'd probably compare it to other Young promo cards from the era or look on ebay for sold listing. Might need to search for terms like "action packed stat leader" or "action packed metal etched" or even "Steve Young SL1" or some combination thereof to try and dig something up.

Thanks for posting scans and congrats on having a cool piece to your collection!

THAT 1 SWEET LOOKING CARD. CONGRATS!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

That's a cool card! I wonder if they made one of Marino?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Action Packed used to make a lot of different promo/prototype cards in the early to mid 90s. These were not Prototypes that were only used inside Action Packed offices, but were more so prototypes used for promoting the upcoming sets. During the 90s some companies marked their cards using several different words, but that all meant the same thing: PROMO, PROTO, PROTOTYPE, and SAMPLE. There are a few listed in Beckett if you search for "Action Packed Prototype Steve Young", but I don't see that one listed. I know that some of the prototypes were much more readily available than others. They used a lot of methods to distribute their prototype cards, everything from mailing to distributors and dealers, giveaways at shows, and even inserts in magazines, packs, and special "limited edition" boxes.
There are a few of this one on COMC and some recently ended auctions on eBay, so from a street value perspective I would put it around $10. In terms of Beckett book value (for trading) I would value it around $20. It's definitely one of the better ones to find.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thank you for all of the comments. It is a nice looking card. I missed the PROTOTYPE on the back. I have different cards that are a SAMPLE or PROMO and typically they are in a much larger font. I REALLY enjoy odd ball stuff like this.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different