`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wax packs in the trash really

RE: wax packs in the trash really
Even though they are junk wax era packs they are always still fun, especially if you are a team collector.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

I put it this way. I've got them listed for less than 20 cents apiece on my ebay, and just one single view in 3 days. It was probably me when I listed the item.

As I said early, you can't give packs away these days. Listed them for 50 cents each in my shop, no takes. Dropped to 20 cents each on ebay. Still, no takers.

Looks like they're destined for the trash along with about 80 Texas Rangers team sets from throughout the years.

Just the era I guess.

(04-05-2017, 08:05 PM)jumper4d8 Wrote: Even though they are junk wax era packs they are always still fun, especially if you are a team collector.

Go to a local school and offer them up for teachers to give to well behaved students. My kids had a teacher that had a 'goodie box' or a 'treasure chest' and at the end of the week, if they didnt get in trouble the child could choose something. I donated comicbooks and trading cards and the teacher was alway appreciative. Actually, i need to do that again. It's been a while.
When I had my office, i left stacks of cards on the waiting room table for anyone to take. Some people were very happy reliving their old baseball memories and started conversations with each other about their favorite players, teams, etc.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-06-2017, 09:17 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I put it this way. I've got them listed for less than 20 cents apiece on my ebay, and just one single view in 3 days. It was probably me when I listed the item.

As I said early, you can't give packs away these days. Listed them for 50 cents each in my shop, no takes. Dropped to 20 cents each on ebay. Still, no takers.

Looks like they're destined for the trash along with about 80 Texas Rangers team sets from throughout the years.

Just the era I guess.
Selling packs on eBay is going to be super tough. The cost for shipping makes most people look the other way. $0.50 a pack, even in a card shop, might actually be steep for some packs. When you consider that "junk era" packs came 36 to a box, that would be the equivalent of $18 a box. Considering that most boxes from that era are easily available for $5 or less, that's a pretty big difference.
Here is another thing to consider, being willing to take $0.10-$0.25 per pack is good, but actually putting them on sale is better. It's all about marketing when it comes to selling slow moving products. Put up a small eye catching sign that gets people to look at the packs. Maybe something that says "THIS WEEK ONLY 5 packs for $1!!!!" or "CLEARANCE maybe list some of the rookies a person might find "FIND RCs of HOFers: KEN GRIFFEY JR, RANDY JOHNSON, CRAIG BIGGIO, JEFF BAGWELL, and others". Some people come into card shops look around and if nothing catches their eye they don't buy anything. Putting up sale signs is guaranteed to catch some people's eyes. Even a regular customer that might not ever have considered buying the packs, might reconsider when they are pointed out as being on sale and having some potential.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Where is your shop located I would love to stop in sometime and check out the goodie box by the door

(04-06-2017, 09:17 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I put it this way. I've got them listed for less than 20 cents apiece on my ebay, and just one single view in 3 days. It was probably me when I listed the item.

Just the era I guess.
I would be interested in a small flat rate box of 1990 or earlier sealed packs or 1985 or earlier loose commons. I would pay postage so all You would need to do is put them in the mail. LMK

I'd open them for curiosity and for fun.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

are good quality singles of stars worth grading? I don't follow that market that close, but maybe you have a nice gem card in one of those packs that could bring back a better return if you got it graded? may save them for kids to pack war for some prizes in the store, so everyone has some fun, but no one looses money on the deal, I mean if your willing to throw them out anyway.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

(04-05-2017, 11:46 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I have packs for sale for 50 cents apiece in my shop (they're 1987-1992ish). Don't think I've sold any in months. Probably going to go in the trash as there's just no interest in them. I even have a 2-row shoebox full of 1992 Stadium Club packs (about 27 from each series) that I'll be throwing out too.

It's ashamed. People would rather have the shiny new stuff that's $10/pack over the older stuff. I loved opening the older stuff before I got my own shop.
Stadium Club baseball?????? If they are baseball, I'd take them off your hands. PM me if you're interested. Thank you. Brian
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]