`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finding a Giannis Antetokounmpo card

Help finding a Giannis Antetokounmpo card
Disclaimer: I am new to card collecting, so I don't know resources or lingo.

With that said, I want to get a premium Giannis card.

I found a local hobby store and I bought a basic rookie card that cost $6.00. That's just to have one.

I am willing to spend some money on a better card that will likely appreciate, but I want guidance. Here is my dillemma.

There was a particle Panini card that the store owner mentioned there was only 10 made. It cost about $100. As a person who does his own research, I wanted to verify this for myself. But there are particulars about the card that I apparently don't know in order to research it.

Regardless of this, I am having difficulty learning what drives a card's value. It would seem the print run would (less cards = more valuable). But I don't know if card type drives value more or company does.

Knowing that I want a Giannis card, can anyone give me a process to help me determine what the value Giannis cards are, and what characteristics I can consider to determine what my price sensitivity is?

RE: Help finding a Giannis Antetokounmpo card
Panini controls the card market. Most brands are Panini based. Some higher end than others. The higher the brand the more the card will be worth/the lower the print run will also increase value.

I would use ebay's prior sales to try and figure out how much an item is usually going for.

Just as a secondary note to that, Card value is also driven by "hype." A lot of times cards can outsell their beckett book value and other times you can see the card get 1/100th of that value. Player marketability and fan base can help to recreate value. Beckett value is essentially an obsolete way of looking at a card. Ebay prior sales are directly what drives the market

RE: Help finding a Giannis Antetokounmpo card
(01-05-2017, 02:36 PM)ballahollic22 Wrote: Panini controls the card market. Most brands are Panini based. Some higher end than others. The higher the brand the more the card will be worth/the lower the print run will also increase value.

I would use ebay's prior sales to try and figure out how much an item is usually going for.

Just as a secondary note to that, Card value is also driven by "hype." A lot of times cards can outsell their beckett book value and other times you can see the card get 1/100th of that value. Player marketability and fan base can help to recreate value. Beckett value is essentially an obsolete way of looking at a card. Ebay prior sales are directly what drives the market
If I wanted to limit myself to some of the more valuable cards, are there 3-4 premium brands I could focus on?

Also - if there is a particular card that Ebay Completed Sales shows as having good value, does buying the complete set that the card would be in seem like a sound strategy?