`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
1998 Topps SportzCubz

1998 Topps SportzCubz
So beckett is wrong on this as they say only one copy exists. I met a guy who his father worked for Topps for 39 years and he at one point had 3 sets. I don't think there are many more than 3 or if he had all the cards. Not sure if this is on anyone's want list either but I paid $500.00 for the Jeter and he has the others as well. But here is what beckett states on this card.

These plastic cards, which measure approximately 3" square were apparently issued by Topps to see if collectors would like this product. The fronts have a player photo set against their team's logo with the words "Topps SportzCubz" on the bottom left and the player's name located on the bottom right. The backs have biographical information as well as season and team stats. Any further information about these cards is appreciated. Since for now only one set is known, we are not providing any more information than a checklist.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: 1998 Topps SportzCubz
I've never heard of these cards and I see Mike Piazza is in the set.
Would you happen to know if he's pictured in a Dodgers uniform?

Also I'd love to see a scan of the Jeter.

Beckett simply stated "for now only one set is known". So it doesn't surprise me that a few more sets are out there. It would surprise me if there were hundreds of these out there though. There are a lot of odd cards that the card manufacturers made samples of but never released as products. Some of these end up in the hands of employees, some end up in the trash, and others remain with the card manufacturer. It is tough to say how many might be out there without having some first hand knowledge about the set in terms of production (which might be hard to find considering the set is almost 20 years old).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

There is a Piazza and I know the guy has a full set still not sure his asking price but you can look at the Jeter it shows a black and white picture though the actual card is in color so I don't know why beckett put a black and white picture on the image.

1998 Topps SportzCubz #15 Mike Piazza
https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i...tion=click

Best I can do for you as what the cards look like at the moment without putting other sites on the boards which is not allowed.

Chris can you post a pic, I love seeing the rare ones, thanks
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I am pretty sure I have the Piazza one of these. Where it is right now, not really sure.
I take that back, I'm think of this Rubix cube looking thing that I have... still not sure where it is though lol
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Sorry busy last few days will scan and post when I get home today.

I bought his Juan Gonzalez off him over the weekend. Paid $150 for it, I never see them pop up, and scooped it up.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****