`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show off your favorite Budget Cards

RE: Show off your favorite Budget Cards
I like these 3D Kellogg's cards. I think the Carlton is from 1990 and the others are from 1991.
[Image: img043.jpg]

I was getting rid of a few old auction catalogs, and thought the back cover of one was something I'd keep. This is from a 2014 Goldin Auction catalog back cover. The surface is glossy with card like thickness.

[Image: img042_zps6l1d9z5n.jpg]

(03-06-2016, 03:05 AM)hlc1949 Wrote: I was getting rid of a few old auction catalogs, and thought the back cover of one was something I'd keep. This is from a 2014 Goldin Auction catalog back cover. The surface is glossy with card like thickness.
Very cool. I have a card that looks like the one in the center on the bottom showing Babe Ruth's grip. What is on the back of that card? Maybe mine was cut from the same catalog.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-06-2016, 07:31 AM)zeprock Wrote: Very cool. I have a card that looks like the one in the center on the bottom showing Babe Ruth's grip. What is on the back of that card? Maybe mine was cut from the same catalog.
The back of the cards have nothing that relates to, or aligns with the face cards. Inner cover consists of consignment advertisements.

2004 Alex Rodriguez becomes a Yankee. Before the season started, a sheet of 9 Fleer cards was issued in the Sunday NY Daily News. The 10th card was the chase, Alex Rodriguez in a Yankee uniform for the first time.
The only way to get the Rodriguez card was to clip the coupon from the paper, and take it to a Yankee sports store. The cards were not in The regular card shops. If you purchased a pack of Fleer cards and had the coupon, a Rodriguez card was was given. A nice budget set.

[Image: img033_zpsomdjetkn.jpg]
[Image: img034_zpsd5wpet4u.jpg]
[Image: img035_zps7qpnm5uj.jpg]
[Image: img036_zpsxznphtvr.jpg]

(03-06-2016, 04:18 PM)hlc1949 Wrote: The back of the cards have nothing that relates to, or aligns with the face cards. Inner cover consists of consignment advertisements.
Thanks. I believe mine is different. Mine doesn't look like it was cut from a sheet and has an ad for Fro-joy Ice Cream on the back along with TCMA Reprint.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Here's another...
These were also issued as a Sunday Daily News insert. Prior to the start of the 2005 season, a Mets and Yankees Upper Deck set. Cards of each teams Manager, SS, 3B, C, OF and P.

On the center of the sheet, Willie Randolph the new Mets manager on the reverse of Yankee Manager Joe Torre's card, and includes a David Wright RC.
There were 2 chase cards, Randy Johnson just joining the Yankees pitching staff, and Pedro Martinez a new addition to the Mets pitching staff. Both in their teams uniforms for the first time.
I don't remember how the coupons were redeemed, but I got it. Another nice budget set.

[Image: img037_zpsrnzkjzt8.jpg]
[Image: img037a_zpsdybzuyuc.jpg]
[Image: img038_zps9ufgj7pi.jpg]
[Image: img039_zpsb2vlwnci.jpg]

Going old school here, well 80's old school anyways. Bought this at a card show in a mall for less than $5 of my paper route money around 1990. I had no protective sheets to store it in, so I had kept it in a picture frame for probably 10 years.
1985 Donruss box bottom:
[Image: 0307162213_zpsl4yoxkby.jpg]
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Another favorite budget card....
I always liked this card. I don't understand why it's not popular. A young Alex Rodriguez, black and white portrait with gold emblem and lettering. Who knows....maybe one day It'll be in demand.

[Image: image_zpscijfitmo.jpeg][Image: image_zpsoxbutgxu.jpeg]