`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show off your favorite Budget Cards

Show off your favorite Budget Cards
Nowadays, it seems like all we talk about are the mega high dollar cards, and ogle over them. Enough of that! Let's show some appreciation for some low dollar cards!

Share a card (or ten) that are low dollar, but you are happy you have it in your collection, and why. It could be due to a fun backstory, or perhaps you just like the look. Here is my first one!

1996 Ultra Thunder Clap Insert
[Image: JoseCansecoPC1996229.jpg]

Awesome design from the highly coveted 90's insert time period, yet affordable. I wanted one for a while, and when I finally picked up one in a collection, it had a chipped corner. I ended up picking up a better copy later (as well as the gold medallion version of course, but that is not pictured because that is not nearly as cheap.)

What low dollar cards are you happy that you have?
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

RE: Show off your favorite Budget Cards
Way back in the late 80s/early 90s, before there was Topps Archives, Baseball Card Magazine did repli-cards in the old Topps styles. These were about as budget as they come. My first thought for this thread was to go with the old Fleer Pro-Vision cards but keeping with your Canseco theme, I submit these. My favorites are the 1970 versions because that is the first year I collected and the first set I put together by spending the majority of my paper route money buying packs.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

One of my favorite baseball cards is my Griffey JR 88 Procards Vermont Mariners card. Probably worth less than $10. Sorry I only had a group shot in my photobucket.

[Image: 057_zps65a416d4.jpg]
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(03-03-2016, 07:35 AM)zeprock Wrote: Way back in the late 80s/early 90s, before there was Topps Archives, Baseball Card Magazine did repli-cards in the old Topps styles. These were about as budget as they come. My first thought for this thread was to go with the old Fleer Pro-Vision cards but keeping with your Canseco theme, I submit these. My favorites are the 1970 versions because that is the first year I collected and the first set I put together by spending the majority of my paper route money buying packs.
Very cool!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

As zeprock pointed out, the Fleer Pro Visions cards were cool and also one of my favorites. To continue the Canseco theme, here is his 1991 Fleer Pro Visions.
[Image: Jose-Canseco.jpg?id=33f8ff22-1d07-478f-8...e=original]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

How about Broder Cards?

[Image: 78045-5549743Fr.jpg]

Does anyone know of a comprehensive on line list?
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(03-03-2016, 08:14 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: How about Broder Cards?

[Image: 78045-5549743Fr.jpg]

Does anyone know of a comprehensive on line list?
I don't think one exists, however I do have one of Canseco like that with the name "Joe Canseco"

An early 90s rainbow (still searching for the AUTO)
[Image: GriffeyClassicBest.jpg]

Same early 90s rainbow...with the Auto
[Image: chipperbest_patch-1.jpg]

One of my favorite players to watch growing up, card also happens to have my birthday on it...couldn't be worth more than a buck...to anyone else in the world that is.
[Image: mcgriffcrashthegame.jpg]
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(03-03-2016, 08:23 PM)mouschi3 Wrote: I don't think one exists, however I do have one of Canseco like that with the name "Joe Canseco"
Quality control at its best! Perhaps he is the long lost triplet?
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(03-04-2016, 08:49 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Quality control at its best! Perhaps he is the long lost triplet?
LOL that's gotta be it! I did find it weird his birthmark was on the wrong hand....