`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPS issue....just curious

UPS issue....just curious
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue with UPS before....

I recently ordered a box of 2014 High Tek from Blowout. They ship UPS ground. Since I hadn't received the box by Saturday, I checked the e-mail from Blowout with tracking # info.

Here's where it gets odd...According to UPS, they couldn't complete delivery on the 21st because (according to them) "the recipients name wasn't listed on the building directory". ??????? My name IS listed on the directory (and correctly spelled).

Name and address info was 100% correct. I had to call UPS and give them my name and address info again (even though Blowout listed it correctly).

Supposedly, it will be delivered on Monday.

I have had this issue with UPS before on a few occasions at different addresses. All of the info was correct, and the addresses were very easy to find (I live in a suburb of one of the largest cities in the country).

I'm wondering if some UPS drivers are just lazy and don't want to make all of their deliveries???

Anyone else have this experience??

I like ordering from Blowout, but don't like UPS service (never had this issue with USPS or FedEx deliveries btw).

RE: UPS issue....just curious
When i ordered a case a few years ago; i got an email stating delivery was just made at my house. Being i was home i figured it was left on the porch without requiring a signature. It wasn't there so i called UPS as they are nearby, the woman said "it shows as delivered" and considered it a done deal & hung up. Fortunately for me it was on my neighbors porch (again no sig required for a $1000.00 box?) Many times at the paint store i worked at; we would get many UPS packages that weren't even similar in address to deliver.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

My fiancé and I were expecting our wedding invitations this week and they were shipped UPS. The tracking showed as delivered to our front door at 2 AM. Obviously this was not the case. We checked with the complex manager and they told us that the driver had driven past their office the past two days without stopping to deliver any packages. That same night it updated as delivered to our front door at 6:15 PM. Again, according to the complex manager the driver stopped the truck in front of her office shortly before 6 that night, looked at her, never left the truck, and drove away. The next day the package was delivered to my fiancé's parents a few miles away.

Yup. Super lazy. I've been sitting at home waiting for them to show when I get an update saying "notice left. No authorized recipient available". I live kind of off the beaten path so if they showed, there's no way I wouldn't know, particularly when I'm sitting in my living room waiting for them. I think in order to save time or get their routes done early some of them skip out of the way, inconvenient stops.

We had a set of golf clubs that were supposed to be delivered to our house a few years ago. They never showed up even though they were marked as delivered. The company sent us a new set. The day they showed up I watched our UPS driver stop at an abandoned house a block from us and pick up the exact same sized package as she had just delivered to our house. The original delivery had sat for a week on the porch of the abandoned house.

Everything I have ever ordered from Blowout was sent USPS to my PO box with no problems.

Blame it on the snow. UPS used to deliver to my Home around 2:30 PM all the time ,now I am lucky it gets delivered before 7:00 PM, way after dark.

I had issues with UPS in the past, but once I gave my regular delivery guy a little (it was seriously very small and of negligible value) Xmas gift, I got amazing service.
Sometimes a little show of appreciation goes a long way.

Since moving my office, I transferred my mail and deliveries to a UPS post box and continue to have great service from UPS (naturally) and USPS & FedEx as well! They sign for package deliveries and hold them for you. Well worth the small yearly fee. IMO.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I've had problems with them quite a bit in the past. For christmas we got my sister and mom a 50 inch tv. They said it was attempted twice and shipped back to amazon even though we had no heads up. I specifically took the day off it was said to be redelivering to see if they were really doing their jobs. Sure enough I got lucky, heard her truck so looked at the street and saw the ups lady's truck take off from the front of the house down the street. I chased her down and got the tv. Not once did my door bell ring nor was there ever a knock on my door. She simply put a sticker on the front door and left. Will never use them again, and not just because I work for fedex but because that was the third time they have messed up deliveries for my wife and I.

[Image: 5l8kqu.jpg]
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I shipped a large trade recently via UPS because the advertised price for the shipment was cheaper (the advertised) than USPS for a flat rate box. Once I got the final bill with all of the add ons. It cost me 2 & 1/2 times what it would have for the USPS option. They added on a fuel surcharge, an address delivery fee and some other fee that total more than the original price. Now I have also had issues with USPS tracking not updating. I have sent multiple email requests to the "Contact Us" web area. Hold onto your hats, I have not once gotten a contact back. It does say "Contact Us" not we will contact you back.