`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Cards

Error Cards
I recently came across a 1983 Topps Ryne Sandberg rookie that had mostly 3/4 Hubie Brooks on the back. The other 1/4 was Dave Parker.

I also have a 1988 Topps Mario Lemieux blank back card.

Does anyone think that there's a market or value for these cards?

RE: Error Cards
Nope. They're not errors. They are misprints. Mostly considered damaged cards. You may find a player collector that would be interested in the oddity but most collectors would just consider them trashed.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(01-28-2016, 04:55 PM)zeprock Wrote: Nope. They're not errors. They are misprints. Mostly considered damaged cards. You may find a player collector that would be interested in the oddity but most collectors would just consider them trashed.
Well, I guess I can always try eBay.

Thanks!

Typically these are not very desirable or collected, however the 2 cards you have are star players. Blank back cards from the 80s were a common printing mistake, but there are definitely collectors that will pay a premium for them. As for the Sandberg, the fact that it's his rookie card might get some people interested. I would expect a premium for the wrong-back, but how much would really just depend on finding the right collector.
Putting these on eBay with a Fixed Price/Best Offer option is really your best bet, as an auction will be more limited to those collectors who happen to look for the card during the few days that the auction is active.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-28-2016, 05:53 PM)djohn Wrote: Typically these are not very desirable or collected, however the 2 cards you have are star players. Blank back cards from the 80s were a common printing mistake, but there are definitely collectors that will pay a premium for them. As for the Sandberg, the fact that it's his rookie card might get some people interested. I would expect a premium for the wrong-back, but how much would really just depend on finding the right collector.
Putting these on eBay with a Fixed Price/Best Offer option is really your best bet, as an auction will be more limited to those collectors who happen to look for the card during the few days that the auction is active.
That's why I thought that they had some value, because of who they were.

I'm sure there are player super collectors out there that would give you something for them. I just consider them misprints and have no interest in cards like that. Like already said, put them on eBay as a fixed price auction. Somebody will bite.