Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Trip! - You're favorite LCS

RE: Road Trip! - You're favorite LCS
(01-02-2016, 07:20 PM)msulli8 Wrote: Kens cards in berlin, ct
Ill Keep this one in mind. I drive through CT a few times/year. Thanks for sharing!
(01-02-2016, 08:12 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: Sorry no help on the trip planning, but great idea. Have fun and update this post with any finds you make along the way!
I did this drive last year. I didn't ask for any help from the forum on LCS locations so my stops were infrequent. I found a shop outside STL and was able to snag a few Maris cards. The store owner was very nice. Too bad I can't remember the name.
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

I do not have personal experience with these places but I used my resources to find some potential shops/dealers as well as possible diners/food spots worth looking into to map out your trip. I would spend a little time to look at their sites to get an idea of inventory and their store focus, confirm their hours, etc.

1ST STOP
***Hartford, CT***
1. Rock Solid Sports Cards in Derby, CT - 45 mins SW of Hartford - http://www.ctsportscards.com/

2. Ken's Cards & Collectibles in Berlin, CT - 15 mins S-SW of Hartford - http://www.kenscards.net/

3. Omni Comics and Cards in Wethersfield, CT - 10 mins S of Hartford also 1st location in Bristol, CT - 20+ mins W-SW of Hartford - http://www.omnicomicscards.com/

4. Simsbury Cards & Comics in Granby, CT - 25 mins NW of Hartford - http://simsburycc.com/

5. M & J Video Games & Collectibles in Wallingford, CT - 30 mins S of Hartford - this location has more of the sports inventory from what I can tell but they also have their other store in Southington, CT - http://www.mjvideogamesandcollectibles.com/

6. Steeno Sports Memorabilia in Simsbury, CT - 25 mins NW of Hartford - http://steenosports.com/

7.Bob's Sports Cards in Waterbury, CT - 30 mins SW of Hartford - No website listed. Look them up to confirm.

8. Matt's Cards & Comics in Enfield, CT -25 mins N of Hartford - http://www.cardandcomicshop.com/

FOOD
Here are a ton of food options all throughout CT that have been voted on - http://www.connecticutmag.com/Connecticu...rts-Picks/

IF THIS WORKS WELL FOR YOU ILL TRY TO TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK UP SOME OF YOUR OTHER STOPS DURING YOUR TRIP.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

In St Louis try a card shop called Sports Card Dugout. The owners name is Randy. His hours are: M-F 12p-8p Sat 10a-4-p. closed Sunday. For BBQ try Pappy's some of the best anywhere. Just ask Adam Wainwright.

Thanks for help, guys
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

(01-01-2016, 01:25 PM)KPRROK Wrote: The best place for BBQ in St Louis is about 240 miles west in a little town called Kansas City. BBQ in StL is a waste of time and thought. They do have a nice pizza chain called Imo's Pizza, thin crust at its best.

If you were coming through KC, I'd treat you to a nice plate of burnt ends or brisket at Joe's KC or Gates BBQ.

Enjoy the road trip. Cheers,
Sorry man but Imo's is the worst pizza I have ever eaten!!! I would much rather have Domino's than Imo's. Pappy's in St Louis has some good BBQ if you stop here. I can't judge any other BBQ places because I have only been to one since I moved back to the States but definitely stay away from Imo's pizza.....
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

I'm guessing you're going to be on I-70? If so I know a couple good shops on the IL side of STL.

Goodsports - This place is in Edwardsville, IL which is probably about 5 miles off of I-70 when you're about 10 miles away from St. Louis.

Kyle's Sports Cards - This place is in Granite City, IL. Granite is kind of a dumpy town but he has a pretty large shop although it's pretty disorganized. This shop is about 8-10 miles off I-70 after it has merged with I-55 and the exit is about 5 miles outside STL.

Goodsports 2.0 and Collector's Corner - These two places are in Fairview Heights, IL. The 2nd Goodsports place is in the St. Claire Square Mall and this is his store for mostly memorabilia, signed framed photos and whatnot. Everything has JSA certs and there are some cards here also. The other shop I haven't been to in awhile. It's about a half mile from the mall next to an Aaron's store. Fairview Heights is maybe 10 min off of I-70/55...lots of good restaurants there too.

My picks would be the Goodsports shop in Edwardsville and his store in the mall in Fairview Heights.
(01-06-2016, 10:14 AM)animie67 Wrote: Sorry man but Imo's is the worst pizza I have ever eaten!!! I would much rather have Domino's than Imo's. Pappy's in St Louis has some good BBQ if you stop here. I can't judge any other BBQ places because I have only been to one since I moved back to the States but definitely stay away from Imo's pizza.....
You just aren't used to that provel cheese they use lol

(01-06-2016, 10:14 AM)animie67 Wrote: Sorry man but Imo's is the worst pizza I have ever eaten!!! I would much rather have Domino's than Imo's. Pappy's in St Louis has some good BBQ if you stop here. I can't judge any other BBQ places because I have only been to one since I moved back to the States but definitely stay away from Imo's pizza.....
Imo's will make a pizza with mozzarella cheese instead of provel if you ask for it.

Goodsports 2.0 and Collector's Corner - These two places are in Fairview Heights, IL. The 2nd Goodsports place is in the St. Claire Square Mall and this is his store for mostly memorabilia, signed framed photos and whatnot. Everything has JSA certs and there are some cards here also. The other shop I haven't been to in awhile. It's about a half mile from the mall next to an Aaron's store. Fairview Heights is maybe 10 min off of I-70/55...lots of good restaurants there too.

My picks would be the Goodsports shop in Edwardsville and his store in the mall in Fairview Heights.

[/quote]

Been to Collectors Corner quite a few times. The have an ok selection of boxes to break open and quite a few individual cards to sell. They do have a lot of GU/AU stuff like pics, jerseys and baseballs certified by PSA. Don't remember Goodsports store in the mall here. I have to check it out though and it sounds like a plan this weekend. As far as the pizza.... did you say gravel cheese??? LOL!!!!
(01-07-2016, 01:31 PM)cspen Wrote: Imo's will make a pizza with mozzarella cheese instead of provel if you ask for it.
Never even heard of this type of cheese (had to google it).
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

I thought that I knew what they meant, but I googled it and come to find out, I was partly right. BUT, I wouldn't like it, because I HATE cheddar cheese. That's alright though, seeing as how I can't eat by-mouth anyway. I haven't eaten by-mouth in nearly 15 years. It will be 15 years this coming June 27th. The reason that I can't eat or walk without assistance or breathe without a trach is because I have a rare form of brain stem cancer. We found (GOD guided us to him) the one Neurosurgeon who would operate on a tumor that was deemed inoperable. With my consent, my Neurosurgeon operated on a juvenile astrocytoma. It was deeply embedded in my brain stem and had begun to coil around my spinal cord. Life as I knew it, was forever changed on Wednesday, June 27th, 2001. And, I wouldn't have it any other way. This is because now I'm Saved.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(01-07-2016, 01:54 PM)animie67 Wrote: Goodsports 2.0 and Collector's Corner - These two places are in Fairview Heights, IL. The 2nd Goodsports place is in the St. Claire Square Mall and this is his store for mostly memorabilia, signed framed photos and whatnot. Everything has JSA certs and there are some cards here also. The other shop I haven't been to in awhile. It's about a half mile from the mall next to an Aaron's store. Fairview Heights is maybe 10 min off of I-70/55...lots of good restaurants there too.

Been to Collectors Corner quite a few times. The have an ok selection of boxes to break open and quite a few individual cards to sell. They do have a lot of GU/AU stuff like pics, jerseys and baseballs certified by PSA. Don't remember Goodsports store in the mall here. I have to check it out though and it sounds like a plan this weekend. As far as the pizza.... did you say gravel cheese??? LOL!!!!

Never even heard of this type of cheese (had to google it).
[/quote]

The Goodsports place in the mall just opened in November. It's on the bottom level of the mall. It's co-owned by the owner of the shop in Edwardsville and a friend of his. They have a lotta connections in the St. Louis area and have tons of signed memorabilia...not just STL stuff but a lot of interesting pieces.

..and no I said Provel chees...it's like a mix of provolone, swiss, and cheddar. It's a traditional cheese for St. Louis style pizza.