`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Dang!! Start Saving That Spare Change Guys...

RE: Dang!! Start Saving That Spare Change Guys...
IF it were closer to April 1st, I'd say hoax for sure. I'm still leaning towards hoax, though.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(11-24-2015, 04:33 PM)BGS_Graded_Card_Guy Wrote: If that ends up being the case, I'll stay far away from it. I'd go up to $1k but that is my limit for a box of cards. No matter what the chances are of pulling something epic. I think if it exceeds that, I'll just buy what I want and call it a day.
It will most definitely be over $1k per box.
(11-24-2015, 04:52 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: IF it were closer to April 1st, I'd say hoax for sure. I'm still leaning towards hoax, though.
This is no hoax. Panini has been testing the limits on box prices in basketball. Most likely due to the huge international following for basketball cards, they are able to find enough buyers for these ultra high end boxes. Last year they topped out at $2,000 per box for Flawless. They might just bump it a little and go for $2,500, but considering the print run on all the cards is 10 or less and the checklist is pretty nice, I won't be surprised if they start pushing this higher and try to get it toward $5k per box.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I agree with the assessment that Panini will def. push the limits on the price per box, but only because its a basketball product (international interest). Sorry, but this is well out of my comfort zone not knowing what I'm getting.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-24-2015, 06:14 PM)djohn Wrote: It will most definitely be over $1k per box.
This is no hoax. Panini has been testing the limits on box prices in basketball. Most likely due to the huge international following for basketball cards, they are able to find enough buyers for these ultra high end boxes. Last year they topped out at $2,000 per box for Flawless. They might just bump it a little and go for $2,500, but considering the print run on all the cards is 10 or less and the checklist is pretty nice, I won't be surprised if they start pushing this higher and try to get it toward $5k per box.
5K per box will all I need 20 20 boxes to pay off my $160,000 house , 2 boxes to pay off my car, and 3 boxes to pay off my pickup and I am debt free.

What I am really saying I can find a better way to spend $5,000 and know what I am getting in return rather than playing roulette and hoping for the best.

These boxes are way out of my price range

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Sometimes I still pick up packs at Dollar Tree on the way home from work. This product is way beyond anything I'll ever be able to afford, unfortunately.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Looks like prices have been announced and as I expected, they are pushing the limits. Box prices are over $5k. So far I have seen pre-sale on Blowout for $5,899.95 per box, and I have heard prices are around $6,500 at some shops that are getting them.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-30-2015, 04:59 AM)waynetalger Wrote: 5K per box will all I need 20 20 boxes to pay off my $160,000 house , 2 boxes to pay off my car, and 3 boxes to pay off my pickup and I am debt free.

What I am really saying I can find a better way to spend $5,000 and know what I am getting in return rather than playing roulette and hoping for the best.

These boxes are way out of my price range
+1000! Who/how/when could... never mind. I'll just enjoy my puny PC collections I have and slowly build them up when my budget allows.
(11-30-2015, 08:39 AM)jonathani Wrote: Sometimes I still pick up packs at Dollar Tree on the way home from work. This product is way beyond anything I'll ever be able to afford, unfortunately.
Right there with ya!
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

LMAO. No thanks, I'll be staying away from this. Maybe I'll try to pick up one or two of the cards I want as singles. Nice call on the price though, you nailed it!

(12-07-2015, 09:34 AM)djohn Wrote: Looks like prices have been announced and as I expected, they are pushing the limits. Box prices are over $5k. So far I have seen pre-sale on Blowout for $5,899.95 per box, and I have heard prices are around $6,500 at some shops that are getting them.
**SIGH** I remember being po'ed when cards went from 25 cents a pack to 35 cents a pack because I had to stick 2 coins in my sock while riding my bike to the corner store instead of one...
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(12-07-2015, 09:54 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: **SIGH** I remember being po'ed when cards went from 25 cents a pack to 35 cents a pack because I had to stick 2 coins in my sock while riding my bike to the corner store instead of one...
Well played. This made me laugh.