`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Dang!! Start Saving That Spare Change Guys...

Dang!! Start Saving That Spare Change Guys...
So Panini is getting ready to drop a SUPER high end product. It is called Panini Eminence (basketball) but this teaser video they put out shows a ton of baseball names so I'm guessing that the baseball version won't be far behind.

Either way, I'm almost 100% certain that a single box of this stuff will exceed $500. Maybe they are trying to be the first company to launch a $1000 box?

Here is the promotion video. It will be worth the minute of your time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yeJnCxFYDU

RE: Dang!! Start Saving That Spare Change Guys...
Yeah, they showed a bunch of baseball cuts and then said the greatest cut auto list in NBA history...strange.

That said, getting that kind of money for non-licensed stuff will be a tough sell for baseball...
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(11-23-2015, 01:46 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: Yeah, they showed a bunch of baseball cuts and then said the greatest cut auto list in NBA history...strange.

That said, getting that kind of money for non-licensed stuff will be a tough sell for baseball...
Completly agree. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some interest in this product though. Even without the logos. For the big time names that flashed up on the screen during that video, I'm going to be watching very closely what it will cost and when it comes out. Hopefully the great cards won't be limited to just 1/1 for each but I know they will be.

I am really looking for a super high end auto set to work on. While I don't want a bunch of each card produced, having enough so it would be somewhat achievable would be nice.

Well apparently Beckett already did a post on this stuff: http://www.beckett.com/news/2015/11/2014...new-level/

Coming out mid December, no price listed yet. And apparently all the baseball names I saw will be included in this Basketball product. At leat that is how I read the Beckett article. Now if we only knew the price...

"Greatest cut auto list in NBA history" ... that doesn't include LeBron or Jordan.

I know this is a baseball forum, but someone needs to reach out to LeBron and Jordan's people and let them know how truly obsolete Upper Deck has become.

It would have been great to have some LeBron autos in his Heat jersey or in his return to Cleveland stuff.

Time to join the most recent decade!

(11-23-2015, 03:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: "Greatest cut auto list in NBA history" ... that doesn't include LeBron or Jordan.

I know this is a baseball forum, but someone needs to reach out to LeBron and Jordan's people and let them know how truly obsolete Upper Deck has become.

It would have been great to have some LeBron autos in his Heat jersey or in his return to Cleveland stuff.

Time to join the most recent decade!
If they are cut autos, why can't they have them in the product? All they have to do is purchase a couple autos and clip them out. Or am I mistaken?

(11-23-2015, 04:13 PM)BGS_Graded_Card_Guy Wrote: If they are cut autos, why can't they have them in the product? All they have to do is purchase a couple autos and clip them out. Or am I mistaken?
That is true, I guess they could do that. That would be pretty sweet, actually.

The cards that are shown in the video are pretty sick!!! I made out Babe ruth, Ty cobb and Pete Rose for baseball.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(11-23-2015, 11:14 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: The cards that are shown in the video are pretty sick!!! I made out Babe ruth, Ty cobb and Pete Rose for baseball.
LOL. They had me a Ruth.

On a separate note, I contacted my LCS today whom I usually buy all my cases through and they don't even have pricing on this product yet. Kind of strange since it is supposed to be coming out in less than 30 days.

This will be a basketball product and will include autographs from other sports as well as political autographs as well. I am curious to see how much the Pistol Pete auto goes for, as I know quite a few NBA@50 collectors that would love to add a certified auto of Pistol Pete from a major card company. With 7-10 cards per box and all cards numbered to 10 or less, this will be a crazy expensive product. There look to be a lot of HUGE hits. Considering they put out Flawless for $2k per box, my guess is that boxes of Eminence will be more expensive and possibly closer to $5k. I think Panini is pushing to see how high they can go, and have to justify the higher and higher price tags by showing off some huge hits.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-24-2015, 01:23 PM)djohn Wrote: This will be a basketball product and will include autographs from other sports as well as political autographs as well. I am curious to see how much the Pistol Pete auto goes for, as I know quite a few NBA@50 collectors that would love to add a certified auto of Pistol Pete from a major card company. With 7-10 cards per box and all cards numbered to 10 or less, this will be a crazy expensive product. There look to be a lot of HUGE hits. Considering they put out Flawless for $2k per box, my guess is that boxes of Eminence will be more expensive and possibly closer to $5k. I think Panini is pushing to see how high they can go, and have to justify the higher and higher price tags by showing off some huge hits.
If that ends up being the case, I'll stay far away from it. I'd go up to $1k but that is my limit for a box of cards. No matter what the chances are of pulling something epic. I think if it exceeds that, I'll just buy what I want and call it a day.