`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion: 2015 High Tek (and a little bit of my Pedroia PC)

Discussion: 2015 High Tek (and a little bit of my Pedroia PC)
Okay, I thought just for fun I would start a discussion on 2015 Topps High Tek. (And be able to show some of my Pedroia collection of course Smile) I’ve been reading a lot of comments on different boards and the general consensus that I have read is that collectors think it has way to many variations. I would counter this popular opinion with a question: What product doesn’t have a bunch of variations? So I have come to the Beckett community to get the fair and balanced opinion that our members are known for. Okay, so that may have been a little sarcastic but for real, I would like to hear what you all think of this product? For your viewing pleasure I have scanned what I have collected so far of Dustin Pedroia from this product. (praising comments welcome) Please note, Pedroia’s cards fall under what they are calling group “A”, group “B” players have different back grounds. I will update some of the scans when I receive some cards that are still in route to me. To see group “B” I will have to refer you to the Beckett article located here…
http://www.beckett.com/news/2015/10/2015...ariations/

Thanks for the read,
Rob

[Image: 7aJNkRK.jpg]
2015 Topps High Tek #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia A (2+:1)
2015 Topps High Tek Spiral #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia (2:1)
2015 Topps High Tek Circuit Board #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia (1:1)
2015 Topps High Tek Cubes #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia (1:3)
2015 Topps High Tek Pyramids #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia (1:6)
2015 Topps High Tek Stripes #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia (1:12)

[Image: fZQDrAx.jpg]
2015 Topps High Tek Blade #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia (1:24)
2015 Topps High Tek Purple Rainbow #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia (1:3)
2015 Topps High Tek Tidal Diffractor #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia 27/75 (1:7)
2015 Topps High Tek Gold Rainbow #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia 6/35 (1:7 )
2015 Topps High Tek Clouds Diffractor #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia 6/25 (1:10 )
2015 Topps High Tek Red Orbit Diffractor #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia 5/5 (1:50)

[Image: QI1DP1s.jpg]
2015 Topps High Tek Autographs #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia
2015 Topps High Tek Autographs Tidal Diffractor #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia 14/99 (1:5)
2015 Topps High Tek Autographs Gold Rainbow #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia 18/50 (1:10)
2015 Topps High Tek Autographs Clouds Diffractor #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia 22/25 (1:20)
2015 Topps High Tek Autographs Sky Rainbow #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia 8/15 (Anyone have the odds on these?)
2015 Topps High Tek Autographs Red Orbit Diffractor #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia 4/5 (1:102)

2015 Topps High Tek Blade Red Orbit Diffractor #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia #/5 (1:50) Incoming
2015 Topps High Tek Stripes Red Orbit Diffractor #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia #/5 (1:50) Still looking
I hope it is obvious that I’m also looking for any 1/1

RE: Discussion: 2015 High Tek (and a little bit of my Pedroia PC)
I love High Tek. It's a niche of collectors who recognize the appealing nature of this set and the patterns that come with it. The only thing that truly held back this year's is the multitude of 1/1s on the base set. There's black rainbow and black galactic on the base pattern, black galactic on the pattern 6 and 7 as well.

Adding the black rainbow imho was the first wrong step. The galactic is just better period. Then sticking to just that parallel on the base pattern only where the novelty of getting the 1/1 parallel had more value and attraction to player collectors.

That said, it's still a very nice product and hint, I own the Carlos Correa Black Galactic Rookie Auto 1/1 Wink

(11-08-2015, 10:47 AM)ak11 Wrote: I own the Carlos Correa Black Galactic Rookie Auto 1/1 Wink
Very nice. Scan?
I saw one Black Galactic non-auto Pedroia on FeeBay but was out bided. Sad Hopefully I will be able to find the others and acquire at least one.

With that being said, I think this is a cool product for player collectors but I don't think I would like to do a set of it.

(11-08-2015, 10:52 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Very nice. Scan?
Sure, since you asked:

[Image: correaHighTekBlackGalacticDiffractorAuto...amrudu.jpg]

My scanner doesn't capture the galactic sparkle unfortunately (and is dirty showing spots and lint), but nonetheless. Luckily there is no black rainbow version for the autos, so this baby is The one.

(11-08-2015, 10:56 AM)ak11 Wrote: Luckily there is no black rainbow version for the autos, this baby is The one.
Very nice acquisition. Thanks for posting!

I like the look of the cards and as a player collector (including Pedroia) I hope to one day add some to my collection. Can't afford to bust any but have many from the 1998-1999 Topps Tek years. Too many variations? Only if you're trying to get one of each. I'd be happy with just one card of each player to represent in my collection. Is it more variations than Topps Moments and Milestones?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(11-08-2015, 11:26 AM)zeprock Wrote: Is it more variations than Topps Moments and Milestones?
Good point! Still need one more to finish off collecting all of Pedroia's 2008 Topps Moments and Milestones. Which by the way is #55-20 /150 if anyone has it. Drastically behind on all the black Pedroia cards from that set. The break down (for Pedroia, other players vary) if any readers are unfamiliar with that product...

50 different cards per color with the following numbering
Base/white #/150
Black #/25
Blue #/10
Red 1/1

...and IMO the bad part to Moments and Milestones was that the pictures were the same on all the cards just whatever stat they were counting was different.

1st off....congrats on your pick-ups! These look a lot better in person then scanned IMO. AK11 hit the nail on the head with his "niche" comment concerning this set. A lot of player / team collectors I think just get frustrated with the amount of overall parallels and variations available in a year period, especially those like me who want it all...LOL. Just makes it very hard on the wallet if you have very wide ranging collecting interest (sets, players, teams). Though I really like this product.....I'm not buying, because it's just too much for me. I'll just pick up stuff down the road here and there. Thanks again for posting and sharing...........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-08-2015, 11:47 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: 1st off....congrats on your pick-ups! These look a lot better in person then scanned IMO. AK11 hit the nail on the head with his "niche" comment concerning this set. A lot of player / team collectors I think just get frustrated with the amount of overall parallels and variations available in a year period, especially those like me who want it all...LOL. Just makes it very hard on the wallet if you have very wide ranging collecting interest (sets, players, teams). Though I really like this product.....I'm not buying, because it's just too much for me. I'll just pick up stuff down the road here and there. Thanks again for posting and sharing...........
Thanks for the congrats.

Good points. I don't buy a lot of boxes of this stuff either, for the most part will just try to hunt down singles for my PC.

Yeah definitely a singles hunt this year. I busted 5 cases of 2014 High Tek last year, but only 6 boxes of 2015. Patterns 6 and 7 seem to be a tad too easy to pull for my liking. Also, I actually would have liked more of the home jersey variations instead of just 10 players.