`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion: 2015 High Tek (and a little bit of my Pedroia PC)

RE: Discussion: 2015 High Tek (and a little bit of my Pedroia PC)
(11-08-2015, 12:53 PM)drewarf919413 Wrote: Yeah definitely a singles hunt this year. I busted 5 cases of 2014 High Tek last year, but only 6 boxes of 2015. Patterns 6 and 7 seem to be a tad too easy to pull for my liking. Also, I actually would have liked more of the home jersey variations instead of just 10 players.
5 cases, wow, that's a lot of one product. More jersey variations, take it you like a good chase. Pull any Pedroia in the 2014?

Congrats on an awesome collection. An incredible feat!
For someone with Collector ADHD, like me, there are waaaaay too many variations. After picking up 5-6 variations, I'd give up. Smile For the more focused amongst us, go for it. Tek is a Very cool product, very nice designs, but I just don't have the wherewithal to track them down. I've never completed a full rainbow of any player in any product. I've come close several times, but there's either 1 elusive card, or too many more to bother.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-08-2015, 01:13 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Congrats on an awesome collection. An incredible feat!
For someone with Collector ADHD, like me, there are waaaaay too many variations. After picking up 5-6 variations, I'd give up. Smile For the more focused amongst us, go for it. Tek is a Very cool product, very nice designs, but I just don't have the wherewithal to track them down. I've never completed a full rainbow of any player in any product. I've come close several times, but there's either 1 elusive card, or too many more to bother.
Thanks Doc. I think I need your problem and be able to give up, it would help my wallet tremendously.

Received today 11/9/2015 the 2015 Topps High Tek Pyramids #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia and added to the scans in the original post.

(11-08-2015, 10:56 AM)ak11 Wrote: Sure, since you asked:

[Image: correaHighTekBlackGalacticDiffractorAuto...amrudu.jpg]

My scanner doesn't capture the galactic sparkle unfortunately (and is dirty showing spots and lint), but nonetheless. Luckily there is no black rainbow version for the autos, so this baby is The one.
That sucker up for trade?
Honestly, all products have way too many variations. However, compared to something like Bowman Chrome it's far more tolerable because it's affordable (for the most part) and it's not focused on prospects. I imagine it's a fun and cheap(er) way for player collectors to pick up some cool and rarer cards of their guys.

I think it's an awesome accomplishment to get so many of the variants. Congrats!
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(11-08-2015, 02:05 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Thanks Doc. I think I need your problem and be able to give up, it would help my wallet tremendously.
Different side of the same coin, i guess. if I focused on one specific player/brand/rainbow I think I'd save a ton of money. I'm buying all over the place, start 'projects' and move on. Somewhere in between what you do and what I do is where the solution to our addictions lie. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The Rizzo Galactic sold on the bay a few days ago, way more than my wallet (wife) would allow. Just over $150 I think it went for. ugh That's a little more than what two boxes would have ran me.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

(11-09-2015, 05:41 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Received today 11/9/2015 the 2015 Topps High Tek Pyramids #HTDPA Dustin Pedroia and added to the scans in the original post.
Pedroia black rainbow just showed up late last night on ebay. Better get a moving haha.
(11-09-2015, 06:03 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: That sucker up for trade?
Nope.

(11-10-2015, 12:32 PM)ak11 Wrote: Pedroia black rainbow just showed up late last night on ebay. Better get a moving haha.
Yeah, I saw it. Thanks for the heads up. It's no longer on FeeBay....Smile