`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My '54 Topps Set, Scan Heavy

RE: My '54 Topps Set, Scan Heavy
Awesome looking set. I wouldn't replace any. I know the value may not be as great, but I like the nostalgic look and feel of the cards. Again, a great accomplishment regardless of the conditions.
[Image: yankeebanner.jpg]

Thanks for the comments guys!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

Again. Anothe nice set. I do have a few and planning on working on the set next year. Great looking set. Thanks for sharing.

(10-13-2015, 03:47 PM)collector1974 Wrote: Awesome looking set. I wouldn't replace any. I know the value may not be as great, but I like the nostalgic look and feel of the cards. Again, a great accomplishment regardless of the conditions.
I agree, I wouldn't worry about replacing any of them. I mean unless they have tears or holes that take something away from the card.

Yeah- the only ones I really want to replace are the ones that have creases over their faces. Otherwise I'm okay with a little wear, and some small creases.

My normal qualifications are no tape, holes, missing corners, or super-bad creasing (especially over their faces).

I like the G-VG range for my vintage sets, shows a little character, while still being pretty nice!

Are you going to try for the 1952 Topps set at some point? I am sure you can get quite a few cheap but there are some big names that will cost you. My favorite 1952 card I have is the Yogi Berra card if I remember right I had it graded and it got a BGS 6 but I would have to look because I think I have 1 of every card of his graded from 1952 to 1957 and I know one was a BGS 6 if I remember right.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(10-14-2015, 03:14 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Are you going to try for the 1952 Topps set at some point? I am sure you can get quite a few cheap but there are some big names that will cost you. My favorite 1952 card I have is the Yogi Berra card if I remember right I had it graded and it got a BGS 6 but I would have to look because I think I have 1 of every card of his graded from 1952 to 1957 and I know one was a BGS 6 if I remember right.
I will eventually- but this is probably a down the road project. the '52 high numbers are crazy; not to mention THE Mantle is in it. But I'd like to. My '50s Topps sets really wouldn't be complete without it!

I currently have one '52 Topps: Elmer Valo. ha

(10-14-2015, 04:30 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: I will eventually- but this is probably a down the road project. the '52 high numbers are crazy; not to mention THE Mantle is in it. But I'd like to. My '50s Topps sets really wouldn't be complete without it!

I currently have one '52 Topps: Elmer Valo. ha
I can probably help you out with a few more and I don't think they will cost much I will be listing some older cards by this weekend everything starting at 99 cent so you could get them for a few dollars each.

Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(10-14-2015, 04:49 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I can probably help you out with a few more and I don't think they will cost much I will be listing some older cards by this weekend everything starting at 99 cent so you could get them for a few dollars each.
PM coming.

That was a lot of fun! Thanks for posting / sharing!
Really a beautiful set of cards! A year without a Mantle card makes it a little easier, but you still had to plunk down some change for that Aaron Rookie Card (as well as a bunch of HOF players)
Great accomplishment! I don't think I can stay focused long enough to do anything like that! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.