`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
**Updated 3/5/16** T206 Cardinals/Browns Pick Ups

RE: Latest T206 Cardinals/Browns Pick Ups
Thanks for the kind words folks! I have really fallen in love with pre-war cards. If you take your time and search you can really find some amazing deals on low grade/high eye appeal cards. As an earlier poster mentioned I love the "if these cards could talk" aspect. I think it's great these cards have survived all these years and I plan on keeping them in my collection until the day I die!

Scott

(10-13-2015, 01:10 PM)cardsfan73 Wrote: I plan on keeping them in my collection until the day I die!

Scott
Who says you cant take them when you go? Mine are to be buried with me or I will haunt my wife until the day she dies. http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smi.../angel.gif

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Nice. I do love those T206 cards. Wayne got me going with his posts. Great looking cards. Thanks for sharing.

(10-13-2015, 04:48 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Nice. I do love those T206 cards. Wayne got me going with his posts. Great looking cards. Thanks for sharing.
Likewise! Inspired by all the coolness of the t206 cards from Wayne and your thread, I bought my first T206. Hopefully I didn't do a bonehead newbie mistake and purchased some reprint that was beat up and aged outside on someone's lawn for a few weeks. Smile I'll post it in another thread when I get a chance.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

you guys had it in you all along all you need was a little pushing to make that commitment. LOL

Well looks like I will not be getting any T-206s but maybe by the 15th of next month I will have one or 2. just got to see how things play out.

It might be a little rough but I finally added a Pelty Horizontal to my collection. This will be a fine place holder until I find one with nicer eye appeal in my price range. It's a common back Piedmont 150 Factory No.25 . One of my favorite cards from the T206 set!

[Image: t206%20pelty%20horiz%20front_zpscvj2r57k.jpg]

Not a T206.. But another nice pick up.. A T205 of Hall Of Famer Roger Bresnahan. This is a difficult to find Piedmont Factory 42 back. The only tougher backs to find in the T205 set are Drum, Hindu & Broadleaf. Not to be confused with the Piedmont Factory 25 back which along with Polar Bear are the most common backs in this set.
[Image: t205%20bres%20pied%20fact%2042%20front_zpsegrpz4gr.jpg]

[Image: t205%20bres%20pied%20fact%2042%20back_zps7wuo1xku.jpg]

Nice additions. I only have 1 T205 of Fred Snodgrass and someon eback in the day scrapped off all the gold. I guess the kiddo thought it was real and tried to cash it in. LOL

(10-20-2015, 10:45 AM)waynetalger Wrote: Nice additions. I only have 1 T205 of Fred Snodgrass and someon eback in the day scrapped off all the gold. I guess the kiddo thought it was real and tried to cash it in. LOL

Thanks Wayne! I know this is close to blasphemy in some parts, but I actually prefer the T205 set! Don't get me wrong I love the T206 but I have always loved the player bios & stats on the back of the T205 cards.

I think I am also partial to the T205 set because my first tobacco card was a T205 Topsy Hartsel I purchased at a flea market when I was 12. I wish I still had that card!

Thanks,
Scott

No its no Blasphemy. I thought about doing that complete set once my T206 is completed. then moving onto the D304s. I have even thought about the 1910 zeenuts or the colagans chips or go with some strip card sets or the 1921 American Caramel.I still have a few years to ponder my next adventure.

With the D304 I have 4 out of 25 including the highest.
Colagans I have 1 Bunk Congelton
T205- Snodgrass
Zeenuts i have one of Jackson but it is not "Shoeless" Joe
or go with some strip card sets or the 1921 American Caramel.

RE: T206 Cardinals/Browns Pick Ups (NEW HOF Member added 10/27)
MY latest addition to me defines high eye appeal with a low technical grade... I was able to pick up this beautiful Rube Waddell portrait from a fellow collector at a great price! The card has been trimmed (who would do this to such a beautiful card???) so it will only grade authentic. No big deal to me as I am only a collector and not really worried about re-selling the card. This is one my favorite cards in the T206 set and I am thrilled to add this to my collection!

Thanks for looking!
Scott

[Image: rube%20front_zpsjlg9gcf0.jpg]

[Image: rube%20b_zpsrnkmfbts.jpg]