Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Annual Inception Deception

RE: My Annual Inception Deception
Nice pick ups Doc Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

(08-05-2015, 09:17 AM)djohn Wrote: I have done the same thing in the past for other products. I call it the "Buy a Box Worth" challenge. When I start thinking about buying a box and it isn't to work on the set, I sit back and consider the price of the box and how many hits it will have. Then I go and see if I spent the same amount of money could I get a better return than 90% of the boxes would yield. Usually I end up with great cards of players that I collect or want, instead of bad hits of players I don't care about.
This is the 3rd year I'm doing this with Inception. I just can't see dropping $180 on 10 cards of prospects that may, or may not pan out in the future. 2013 prospects were 50/50 ... I've got some good cards and some bad, but I'm not as disappointed as if I would have been paying $18 per card for $5 (or less) autos found on eBay.
We should do a "Buy a Box Worth" Challenge here ... Except we'd probably hit eBay at the same time and inflate all our prices bidding against each other and totally defeat the purpose of the challenge. Although we once had a '$10 challenge' and who could get the best purchase for only $10. That was a fun challenge.
(08-05-2015, 09:03 AM)RyanKramer961 Wrote: Really good idea bud! I can't bring myself to spend the money on it for the same reason. You could end up with five $8-10 autos when it's all said and done. With that said, I could use that Beede for my PC!
Thanks. I'll be keeping all these cards as PC right now, and see how they do.
One of the good things about my 'Inception Deception' is that I chose these players instead of having them randomly thrust upon me by Topps. Although, if not for randomness, I probably wouldn't have been following Sean Coyle. (I pulled a 1/1 ITG Between the Seams auto of Coyle a few years ago, so he's been on my radar.) But everyone else has mostly been 'on purpose purchases'
I'll keep you in mind for Beede in the future, though.
(08-05-2015, 09:43 AM)zeprock Wrote: Sorry. I don't recognize any of these names except maybe Guerrero, but I will say those are some beautiful looking cards. I hope they do well for you.
Thanks! Yeah, they're prospects and for the most part, I'll be lucky if one of them successfully become a MLB Ballplayer that ends up with a 15-20 year career. Statistically most will fail and fall short of expectations. But their cards do look nice Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

This is exactly what I am doing with Inception this year. I love the look of the cards, but can't justify $20 per random card when all I really care about are the Royals.

I've gotten 3 Binfords (base, Blue, Green), 3 Finnegan (base, 2x Gold), and 8 Almontes (base x2, green, blue, gold, red, Inception, and Inception Orange), for about $160 total. That's not too many more cards than the same amount would buy in boxes, but I've gotten exactly what I want and no fluff!

These are all awesome doc! Going to have to get something worked out with you on that Matt Williams Bronze Ink you have in your ORG. I've been a looking for that one.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]