`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help picking boxes to buy!

RE: Need help picking boxes to buy!
(07-22-2015, 11:58 AM)RyanKramer961 Wrote: My LCS has a box of 2013 for $275...thoughts?
Well, it's a little pricey but it is only one box. If I saw a random box of 2013 Tribute sitting around anywhere I'd be forced to buy it just out of curiosity (I've had great luck buying solo lingering boxes). The potential hits in there would be too much for me to ignore. It's only one box. Who cares if you drop an extra few bucks on it. I'm sure online prices are comparable. If you get skunked (which is unlikely in Tribute), it's a learning experience and you still have some nice trade bait. But if you manage to pull a whopper it becomes a brilliant move.

Just some food for thought, checking through my bucket quickly I saw a few last box pulls. These were kicking around my buddies 2 shops for a while before my curiosity couldn't take it anymore. [Image: IMG_20150620_171437_zpsu76cut0z.jpg] [Image: output_zpsmqqwdpox.jpg] [Image: output_zpsovcsdr5f.jpg]
Granted the first 2 aren't amazing but they are still nice 1/1's.

(07-22-2015, 03:23 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Well, it's a little pricey but it is only one box. If I saw a random box of 2013 Tribute sitting around anywhere I'd be forced to buy it just out of curiosity (I've had great luck buying solo lingering boxes). The potential hits in there would be too much for me to ignore. It's only one box. Who cares if you drop an extra few bucks in it. I'm sure online prices are comparable. If you get skunked (which is unlikely in Tribute), it's a learning experience and you still have some nice trade bait. But if you manage to pull a whopper it becomes a brilliant move.

Just some food for thought, checking through my bucket quickly I saw a few last box pulls. These were kicking around my buddies 2 shops for a while before my curiosity couldn't take it anymore. [Image: IMG_20150620_171437_zpsu76cut0z.jpg] [Image: output_zpsmqqwdpox.jpg] [Image: output_zpsovcsdr5f.jpg]
Oh wow...ok, now you're getting me interested in getting the Tribute box. It's the last one he has, and he's willing to set it aside for me until the end of the month. I'm thinking I may have him do that so no one else snags it. Those are some pretty sick last box hits.
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

These aren't my only 3 either. I'm just hurrying to get out of work. Obviously it's different for everyone but I started buying last boxes as a rule in 2011. I started doing it with 2011 Triple Threads and just kept pulling absolute beauties from their boxes.

(07-22-2015, 05:38 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: I just naturally assumed you were in fact the same guy. Huh. So your not MacGruber? My bad. In all seriousness, I have no idea why I see that every time I see your name.
No worries. Gruber is not that common a surname so a lot of times when someone sees it they automatically think MacGruber or McGruber, lol.

I don't blow things up though. At least not since I was a kid setting off M80'sSmile

If you don't mind reading a little check out the link in my signature: What I've opened lately...

On that thread you'll see the links to the stuff I've open for 2015 and other links to threads with the scans of stuff pulled.

Let us know what you decide to do.

(07-24-2015, 01:29 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: If you don't mind reading a little check out the link in my signature: What I've opened lately...

On that thread you'll see the links to the stuff I've open for 2015 and other links to threads with the scans of stuff pulled.

Let us know what you decide to do.
You've had some great pulls. I love the look of Finest this year.

So far, I've decided on picking up a box of Museum, Finest, Stadium Club and A&G from my LCS. I found a box of 2013 Tribute for $75 less online, so I'm going there for the Tribute. Not sure if this is ALL I'll get, but I'm going to a show in Dallas in a few weeks and am keeping some money set aside for that as well. If I have funds left after the show, they'll be distributed towards boxes Smile

(07-24-2015, 01:55 PM)RyanKramer961 Wrote: You've had some great pulls. I love the look of Finest this year.

So far, I've decided on picking up a box of Museum, Finest, Stadium Club and A&G from my LCS. I found a box of 2013 Tribute for $75 less online, so I'm going there for the Tribute. Not sure if this is ALL I'll get, but I'm going to a show in Dallas in a few weeks and am keeping some money set aside for that as well. If I have funds left after the show, they'll be distributed towards boxes Smile
IMO: Can't go wrong with the choices of Museum, Finest, or Tribute. (As long as the Tribute is not this years.) Remember by law you sought us for opinions so you gotta let us know the results Smile. Hope you pull a PC monster!

(07-24-2015, 02:01 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: IMO: Can't go wrong with the choices of Museum, Finest, or Tribute. (As long as the Tribute is not this years.) Remember by law you sought us for opinions so you gotta let us know the results Smile. Hope you pull a PC monster!
Haha! Well, I got bored tonight and jumped the gun with an online breaker. Bought 3 personal boxes because the price was right...and I'm glad I did. All 2015, Prizm, Elite and Finest. Nothing fancy out of Prizm or Finest, surprisingly it was Elite that was loaded. The 2 biggest? A Kris Bryant gold /49 and this little bad boy...
[Image: Freeman%20Gonzalez.jpg]
I'll post the rest of the boxes I get when I hit the LCS next Friday.

Nicely done!

PM me who you use for personal breaks, thinking about doing some and want to look around for deals. When you get your Finest in check me for any refractors you may be trading. I'm working on the set and still need a few.

So I just couldn't wait anymore. I didn't buy everything I'm still planning on at the end of the month, but after the online breaks last night, I had to stop at the LCS today. A box of 2015 Elite, 2015 Stadium Club and 2015 Finest. i don't think I did too bad...scans below, all for trade and loaded in org:
[Image: image1_3.jpg]
[Image: image2_3.jpg]
[Image: image3_2.jpg]
[Image: image4_2.jpg]
[Image: image5_2.jpg]
[Image: image6_1.jpg]
[Image: image7_1.jpg]
[Image: image8.jpg]