`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help picking boxes to buy!

Need help picking boxes to buy!
So I got myself a nice bonus from work that I'll receive at the end of the month, and for the first time, I'll be able to buy some boxes! That said, I'd like you all to chime in with some of the boxes I should grab. I'd like a nice variation of boxes that I can spend $500-1000 on. It's my first chance in a long time to be able to stock up and bust some wax, and I'll gladly post here as I do the breaks. So please, throw in your suggestions with what you'd get with $500-1000, a nice combination of high end and low end boxes. Looking forward to your suggestions!
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

RE: Need help picking boxes to buy!
Definitely grab a few Finest, I love that product this year. Great mix of hits possible.

Another product I like so far is Stadium Club. The autos aren't very good, but the inserts and parallels are awesome paired with the beautiful base.

Also, Museum seems to be a fun break as well.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

I'd split it between a nice PC card and a few boxes. As for what boxes, it depends on what you like!What is your collection geared towards? HOFers, prospects? high end autos?

All 3 of those were on my list of possibles Red Sox, good to know I'm headed in the right direction there. Museum is almost a must buy for me as its a box I can never afford.

Ginter, my collection isn't really geared towards anything other than Giants and Bonds. Aside from that, just looking for stuff that has some good hits and is fun to break.

i second the idea of Topps Finest. Nice hits, and a good chance for low numbered stuff. I opened five mini boxes and pulled 3 joc pedersons autos (2x/150 and one /99), and a lou brock case hit auto. Also pulled a koufax generations /5 and a Kershaw 1995? design /5. I was EXTREMELY lucky, but the hits are there Its a fun break, but with 6 packs a mini box, it goes quick.

Of course i have to mention Allen and Ginter! its going to be hot this year, especially starting off.

On the high end I really like 2014 Tribute. You can pick them up for around $160 per box and usually gives you a good return on your investment. Good luck with whatever you choose!

I'm with McGruber. I'd try and get any 2012-2014 Tribute. They are all beautiful sets with unbelievable inserts/hits. All on card auto's and plenty of parallels make the box values worth while. Even the base color variations can bring you huge trade value. Every box gives you at least 4 on card auto's and 2 relics numbered to /99 or less.
For a mid end box I'd go with Tek. That stuff was a blast to bust and was extremely popular. Great trade bait/pc items. Heck, you could buy a case for like $800 and still have cash left over for something else.

You know, I didn't even think about Tribute guys. Good call there. You prefer that over Museum Collection?

(07-21-2015, 07:32 AM)RyanKramer961 Wrote: You know, I didn't even think about Tribute guys. Good call there. You prefer that over Museum Collection?
Absolutely. Tribute is all on card auto's numbered to /99 or less (relics too), better auto list and better base/parallels. Museum is great but way too many sticker auto's including but not limited to their jumbo patch auto's. Museum does have better patches but I feel Tribute is a far superior product with better designs year to year.

(07-21-2015, 09:31 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Absolutely. Tribute is all on card auto's numbered to /99 or less (relics too), better auto list and better base/parallels. Museum is great but way too many sticker auto's including but not limited to their jumbo patch auto's. Museum does have better patches but I feel Tribute is a far superior product with better designs year to year.
I did some digging on Tribute once you guys mentioned it, and definitely agree with what you just said above. Such a clean look, and I love the on card aspect of it. Now the question is, where can I find a box of it aside from eBay (which I don't trust at all)? Not sure if my LCS has any in stock. I'll have to check there.