`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay user making offer but...

Ebay user making offer but...
OK user ioxoo is making an offer for a Lavine 1 of 1 I have bayed right now. There is a thread on Blowout that accuses him of counterfeiting a couple MJ's to sell. I confronted him about the issue and he said he was aware of the post but has never counterfeited a thing. He took a pic of his Lavine collection and indeed has the other tag 1 of 1's in his collection nd is only missing mine. What do you guys think. His highest offer was 1200$

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Ebay user making offer but...
I do not know much about the Lavine market but for a 1/1 I would run with that price. The highest price I saw for a Lavine auto on Ebay was $173 for a card /10. So $1200 for a 1/1 seems to be a good price for me. You will prob will not get another offer that high unless you come across another Lavine collector.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

If you're asking about the moral dilemma of selling to a possible counterfeit then I'd say that it seems there is no real definitive proof or close to, so I'd probably make the deal (so long as you agree with his offer).

If it's about the price/value of this card then I haven't a clue.

If I had very strong evidence that supports that someone is counterfeiting cards, then I probably would NOT sell them anything.

I think I may not sell to them but thats just me.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

If someone offered me $1200 for that card, I would sell it to them regardless of any here-say. There may be a slight moral dilemma if the buyer has been known to make forgeries, however it would take some hard proof for me to not sell them a card at that price.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

$1200 is a lot of moral to pass on...

I don't think it is fair to base a decision on accusations- everyone is innocent until proven guilty, so unless you have some proof the guy is a counterfeiter, I say sell.
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

are you selling the immaculate logoman? or the gold standard logoman? in either case, I'd pull the trigger. how much more can someone actually alter a card like that?

I say go ahead.
If another collector was that close to a complete collection it would make their day to succeed.
The MJ thing is a completely unrelated issue.
As long as he pays and you provide tracking I dont think there should be an issue.

If the money isn't a counterfeit, I don't see a problem here