`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Something I've never understood...

RE: Something I've never understood...
i havent traded in a long time, deleted everything listed FT in my org because it just became too time consuming and i wanted to try and just move some things on comc and ebay

part of what took so long was sifting through tons and tons of cards in an org in an effort to match up, then there was the don't have it or delays in replying.

I can understand the cant do that card for that one, ive said that several times and had it said to me.
Sometimes you have something specific in mind and someone picks a card that you may value more than the BV (the magic johnson example is perfect) or want to trade for something specific.

I always tried to give an explanation and not just say sorry cant do that card, explanations and courtesy go a long way

(02-25-2015, 04:25 PM)rentzington Wrote: I always tried to give an explanation and not just say sorry cant do that card, explanations and courtesy go a long way
+1,000,000...I wish more people took the few seconds to write messages with trades
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I am still newer to the trading part of this hobby, but one thing I have noticed from reading a lot of the posts on the forums has been communication is key to a lot of this. As long as you are updating each other, I haven't had issues with any trades I have done so far.

The one thing I have come across a few times already, though, is when someone requests a card in a trade we are working on and then I have another offer come in for the same card a day or two later and I have to let them know that the card is currently pending in a trade. The trade with the original person falls through, but by that time we have worked out a trade for another card, or it has been cancelled. I try and let the other trader know that the card is available again, but usually nothing comes of it. I just feel bad sometimes when I have to tell more than one person that I have 2 or 3 cards they are interested in already Pending in other trades, but I don't want to give that card to someone else when I had already agreed, in principle, to give it to the original trader.

I will say that everyone I have dealt with so far has been awesome and I have been having a blast doing a bunch of trades and working on set projects that I have started and I am almost finished with a couple of them already.