`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2014 Elite Extra Edition retail blasters

2014 Elite Extra Edition retail blasters
Bought a few ... Probably would have been better buying a hobby box, but didn't do that badly.
[Image: 477A2A71-392C-443D-8D14-0A8A2A3780E3_zpspjf75ucs.jpg]
[Image: D234C60F-75A3-4800-9521-9A5C67DFF5BF_zps5azloeye.jpg]
This would have been nicer if it were an auto Sad
[Image: 77B52700-E82D-4609-8BA1-A88D692E3637_zpsuyjsvgn3.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2014 Elite Extra Edition retail blasters
Not too shabby when you can walk away from retail with some color. Definitely not as kind as last year's blasters were though.
Kepler

(02-22-2015, 12:43 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Not too shabby when you can walk away from retail with some color. Definitely not as kind as last year's blasters were though.
Yeah, last years blasters were .... A blast Smile
Got some color, but with only 2 autos and zero relics ... Not quite the same value. Probably going to buy a hobby box instead. Might be cheaper in the long run ... Or just wait a year and pick up 80% of these prospects for a buck each Smile

Here's something interesting ....
Look at the Victor Arano cards. The /100 card is on card auto while the /799 appears to be a sticker auto .... But it looks a little faded .... That's because it's actually an on card auto and they put a clear sticker over the auto!?!?!? WTF?
Thinking about peeling it off. I have a duplicate that's just the same... I wonder how many have that .... And why? Error or 'on purpose'?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I was looking at those at Target. You get a lot of auto's for the money, but I do miss those 2013 blasters discounted to 12.99!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(02-22-2015, 08:44 AM)homerjg007 Wrote: I was looking at those at Target. You get a lot of auto's for the money, but I do miss those 2013 blasters discounted to 12.99!
Only 2 per box this yearSad

yeah, ive just skipped the blasters. I'll grab em next year discounted hah.

last year had great guaranteed hits and was nearly better than buying a box.

(02-22-2015, 10:51 AM)rentzington Wrote: yeah, ive just skipped the blasters. I'll grab em next year discounted hah.

last year had great guaranteed hits and was nearly better than buying a box.
... And was getting low numbered on-card autos with frequency! 2 blasters were cheaper and better than Hobby. ... Thus the reconfiguration this year, I'd guess.

I bought the one blaster and I think that'll be it (until they go clearance). In the meantime, I've just been picking up the autos I want. Maybe if there were some better base cards (and parallels), I'd be a little more willing.

But then again, after last year, it's pretty hard to go back.
Kepler

Beautiful cards good doctor!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Well look on the bright side, at least you have no Redemptions. I got 4 of them, even though my last one was for an Orange Die-cut numbered to 10.