`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bryce Harper Chat

RE: Bryce Harper Chat
I think the "it" that he's lacking and that will keep him from every really reaching that top of the rung level is his attitude.

I don't mean his attitude toward the game - he seems to play hard, wants to be great, etc. - but he's always kind of come across as an arrogant little ***** ... the jump to JUCO, "clown question," having the agent he has.

He just doesn't come across as an overly likeable guy. The ones that truly rise to the top, the marketable ones, the "ambassadors of the game," however you want to refer to it, are the guys that not only have it on the field, but they have it off the field as well.

As of right now when it comes to the younger guys, I'd say Trout is the new Griffey and Harper is the new Bonds. (Note: in terms of marketability, likeability, etc. not necessarily on-field results)

To reach the level that's been predicted for him since he was 15 he needs to stay healthy and he needs a HUGE PR makeover.
Kepler

If people are offended by this thread I'm sorry, I know a lot of people really like him. I think he's gonna be a good player just don't see him being a superstar. He won rookie of the year yes but look at his competition, was between him, Frazier, and Miley. Not exactly stiff competition!

Rad I just looked up Ken Griffey Jr first 3 seasons, not sure what numbers your looking at but Griffey has him beat in most if not every category.

I'm not saying he won't become an amazing player, he plays really hard! I just don't get the cult following he has amassed for having 3 very average seasons in the majors. He can hit home runs yes, but hitting home runs doesn't mean he will be a great player.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

As of right now when it comes to the younger guys, I'd say Trout is the new Griffey and Harper is the new Bonds. (Note: in terms of marketability, likeability, etc. not necessarily on-field results)

Griffey was terrible with the media haha! His interviews, or lack thereof, were like an early version of Marshawn Lynch's.

Does anyone remember that interview that Griffey did for ESPN a year or so ago that was just awful and he actually apologized to the anchor who did the interview?

Now in saying that, I am in no way taking away what an amazing player he was, nor tarnishing anything. I just don't remember Griffey being a media guy.

I believe he has some potential. I grew up after the Pete Rose era, but my Dad loves watching the kid(Although he hates his hair) because he reminds him of Charlie Hustle. He never takes a play off, obviously trains hard, and if he stays on track and doesn't get too wrapped up in his myriad injuries, he will have 15 more years of baseball ahead of him. No doubt, Harper will pan out. But, this is from a guy with a BGS 9 2011 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor...
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

If he can learn how to stay healthy and get the At Bats he needs to mature as a hitter, then look out. He has all the tools to be one of the best ever. Most guys don't see the majors til at least age 24 and he has been at it since 19. So to say he is a disappointment is crazy. He needs work but so did Derek Jeter at age 22. The other problem with Bryce Harper is Mike Trout. Trout is a once in a lifetime player and everyone expects Harper to be that too. They both broke into the league around the same time. Can he that good? I think he has the talent to be better!!!