`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bryce Harper Chat

Bryce Harper Chat
Wanted to get everyone's opinion on him, he's been in the league for a few years now and even though he's been injured quite a bit and is still young he really hasn't lived up to the hype yet. Do you guys think he will still get to the status of one of the best in the game or is this the player we should expect for the duration of his career? He's still a nice player either way but was just curious to get other people's take on him. I never collected him despite the hype and promise cause I never believed he would be a super star personally. In the end it's about collecting who you love but for the guys who have a lot invested in him do you still have high hopes or are you concerned he hasn't progressed further than what he has?
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Bryce Harper Chat
I disagree that he hasn't lived up to the hype. Rookie of the year and a two time all-star and just turned 22. I don't know how many 22 year know who name isn't trout that has 45 plus home runs in the majors. When healthy he is a beast... Spring traing 2 years ago he destroyed the ball and tore it up during the season as well until he hit the wall, but he brought it on towards the end of the year.

And if these past playoffs didn't tell you anything. 3 home runs in 4 playoff games... Think about

I know he hasn't had that one season yet, but I know another guy who played back in 89 that had almost identical stats to what bryce Harper has now and he ended his career with over 600 home run.

Look it up Ken griffey jr's first three season and compare harpers numbers to his... Harper edges him in pretty much every category.
So to answer your question... I think harper will be a super star. I think with all the young guns in the game today outside of trout and abreu I think harper is right up there with the best of them and will continue to get better and once he puts it all together in which I think he is. We are looking at a future MVP 40 plus homers and 100 RBI
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

I agree with rad_1205's comments. The other thing to keep in mind is that an MLB player's "prime" years are supposed to be around 25-29 years old, so I think we still have a lot more to see with Harper as well as other guys like Trout, Bogaerts, Betts, Stanton, etc.

I think that the "Prospect Hype" is gone with Trout and Harper since they are full time major leaguers now for a couple years and a lot of collectors focus on the next best prospect. Don't get me wrong, Harper and Trout are still high in demand, but think about 2 years ago what it was like. I think Puig's hype has definitely come down since his rookie year. I am curious to see the demand for a player like Kris Bryant in a year or two after he is in the majors. I'm sure it will still be high like Trout and Harper today, but maybe not as much as this last year.

I'm just guessing, tho, and I could be completely wrong on that. I'm a die hard Cubs fan, so my interest in Kris Bryant will probably be valued higher than a lot of other people's.

I don't collect him at all, but that probably has more to do with him playing in the same division as the Phils than anything. I never collect with the thought of down the road profit so I missed all of the prospecting time frame and really steer clear of really hyped players.

The guy flat out plays hard and barring injury, should have a great career. Star...yes...Super Star..TBD. I'd take him on my team either way.

He is a hobby Super Star already!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

He will get better! This is one of my favorite players.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

He's the real deal, for certain. ... But I felt the same way about Gregg Jefferies Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'm not sold on him. I keep any cards I happen to get of him but he is not a player that I PC like Trout, Posey and Kershaw. I think they have "it". I don't think Harper does. He may have some really good years but so did Danny Tartabull, Gregg Jefferies, Joe Carter, Scott Rolen, Troy Glaus, Ryan Howard, etc., etc. I see him being too reckless and missing a lot of time with injuries and ailments and maybe ending up a very good player like Dick Allen. Definitely a star but a superstar in the long run? Not so sure. I could be wrong but it's just a feeling I have about him and that may change.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Harper..man oh man.. I live in DC and I wish you could see/hear the things I do...they are ready to pack him away if he strikes out..injury..he is done forever..surgery..forget it..trade him now!!

I mean it is hard enough coming to the plate and trying to hit an 88 mph slider on your hands breaking 2 feet...if you do not succeed 100% of the time..you are the lowest life on the planet...

I mean, the Post writers are cruel..but nothing compares to the thrashing the Redskins (sorry..the team not to be mentioned by name) get week and after...every week of the year...1-2 pages everyday on the skins and the hopelessness of the franchise..

Harper is a supreme talent..destined for greatness...

I wish he would go to the Giants now..we will use and not abuse him!!!

(01-22-2015, 11:58 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: I disagree that he hasn't lived up to the hype. Rookie of the year and a two time all-star and just turned 22. I don't know how many 22 year know who name isn't trout that has 45 plus home runs in the majors. When healthy he is a beast... Spring traing 2 years ago he destroyed the ball and tore it up during the season as well until he hit the wall, but he brought it on towards the end of the year.

And if these past playoffs didn't tell you anything. 3 home runs in 4 playoff games... Think about

I know he hasn't had that one season yet, but I know another guy who played back in 89 that had almost identical stats to what bryce Harper has now and he ended his career with over 600 home run.

Look it up Ken griffey jr's first three season and compare harpers numbers to his... Harper edges him in pretty much every category.
So to answer your question... I think harper will be a super star. I think with all the young guns in the game today outside of trout and abreu I think harper is right up there with the best of them and will continue to get better and once he puts it all together in which I think he is. We are looking at a future MVP 40 plus homers and 100 RBI
Not much to add to this statement.

(01-22-2015, 12:23 PM)ryno8669 Wrote: I agree with rad_1205's comments. The other thing to keep in mind is that an MLB player's "prime" years are supposed to be around 25-29 years old, so I think we still have a lot more to see with Harper as well as other guys like Trout, Bogaerts, Betts, Stanton, etc.

I think that the "Prospect Hype" is gone with Trout and Harper since they are full time major leaguers now for a couple years and a lot of collectors focus on the next best prospect. Don't get me wrong, Harper and Trout are still high in demand, but think about 2 years ago what it was like. I think Puig's hype has definitely come down since his rookie year. I am curious to see the demand for a player like Kris Bryant in a year or two after he is in the majors. I'm sure it will still be high like Trout and Harper today, but maybe not as much as this last year.

I'm just guessing, tho, and I could be completely wrong on that. I'm a die hard Cubs fan, so my interest in Kris Bryant will probably be valued higher than a lot of other people's.
I agree with you about Kris .... He's the best prospect/player I've seen come through the Southern League ever and I attend a lot of games the only other I've seen close to him was Giancarlo Stanton ! Go Cubs
Bryce Harper Is a solid player .... Injuries have derailed his path to superstardom status and the Mickey Mantle like expectations the fans players and coaches have put on him
[Image: c420f836-983f-40d0-9430-a8ccfd947155_zpsfddf63fd.jpg]