`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall of Fame class announced

RE: Hall of Fame class announced
Good class going in but the entire hall of fame process bothers me. To me there shouldn't be a limit on how many go in at one time. If your a hall of famer your a hall of famer no matter how many others are on the ballot at the same time. That way if you don't get in then your not deserving. People who get in after 2 or 3 tries don't belong just because there isn't anyone else on the ballot that year to vote for.

This is supposed to be a sacred place honoring the best of the best. Also while I can't stand players like Bonds and Clemens, they were the best during their era. Their era was an era of scandal but they should be in.

Also 2 of the sports biggest records are held by guys who are not in... Really?? The hall is full of scandal and law breakers.

End rant!! Thanks for not bashing me!!
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

i personally dont like the voting system. you get to vote for 10 guys. and some guys that should have 100% dont get it because voters know they are a lock. aka babe mantle williams. just too name a couple the list can go on.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

(01-07-2015, 09:26 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: If you dont believe in WAR, which factors in defense, there is no use arguing with you. You most likely read power stats off the back of baseball cards and call it a day.

Very true. Also played for teams that weren't in the spot light all the time, and as I believe you mentioned, the drugs.
I factor in defense. There are defensive statistics that you can look up on your own without relying on an unscientific formula.

(01-08-2015, 01:11 AM)natejeffries Wrote: I factor in defense. There are defensive statistics that you can look up on your own without relying on an unscientific formula.
That "unscientific" formula does really well as a "mathematical" formula.
Interesting side not: they work really well in other aspects of baseball when trying to figure out how good a player is. Batting average, on base percentage, slugging, OPS, win/loss percentage, WHIP...