`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall of Fame class announced

RE: Hall of Fame class announced
Congrats to the 4 players voted in. All very deserving. I think we will have a run of a couple of years with 3-4 players getting elected. I'm still holding out for Lee Smith, but it won't happen until one of the committees does it (if then)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Lee Smith should be in. I dont know about that type of run though. I think I maybe see 2 getting in next year.

Carlos Delgado is off the ballot after his 1st year. Guy's got close to 500 HR's and 1,500 RBI's!

Did Raines do enough too be in?

(01-06-2015, 08:50 PM)stwainfan Wrote: Did Raines do enough too be in?
See JSH post.....yes, very deserving for his performance. Had some drug issues (not PEDS) that some older voters probably hold aginst him. I think he might get in next year with Jr, Piazza, and possibly Bagwell

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Raines deserves to be in. According to WAR, he is the fifth greatest left fielder in MLB history behind Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Rickey Henderson and Carl Yastrzemski. Pretty good company.

(01-06-2015, 03:04 PM)zeprock Wrote: A deserving class.

Donnie's done. No more Nomah. See ya Sosa.
Nomar stays on. He got more than 5 percent.
(01-06-2015, 08:44 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Carlos Delgado is off the ballot after his 1st year. Guy's got close to 500 HR's and 1,500 RBI's!
Agreed. Add Delgado to list of first time snubs like Joe Carter, David Cone, Kenny Lofton, Willie Wilson, Bill Madlock and Albert Belle.
(01-06-2015, 09:37 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Raines deserves to be in. According to WAR, he is the fifth greatest left fielder in MLB history behind Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Rickey Henderson and Carl Yastrzemski. Pretty good company.
I don't believe in WAR at all.

Kenny Lofton is nearly identical to Tim Raines minus the walks

Here are 10 better Hall of Fame left fielders than Raines besides the ones named already:

Goose Goslin, Zack Wheat, Jim Rice, Al Simmons, Billy Williams, Lou Brock, Willie Stargell. Heinie Manush, Ralph Kiner and Frank Robinson.

Alfonso Soriano, Albert Belle, Bob Johnson, Bob Meusel and George Bell were also better left fielders and won't ever see the Hall.

For the record, Bobby Veach was a better left fielder and should be in the Hall.

Also, I am not saying Tim Raines was not a great player only that his place should be taken into context.

Thanks I need to clear my throat.

(01-06-2015, 09:37 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Raines deserves to be in. According to WAR, he is the fifth greatest left fielder in MLB history behind Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Rickey Henderson and Carl Yastrzemski. Pretty good company.
raines really suffers because he happened to play at the same exact time as rickey henderson, and that really is what has cost him. it just so happens that the two greatest leadoff hitters of all time played at the same time, and that rickey was one of the most disruptive players to ever play the game

Pretty cool HOF class! congratulations to them all. Wont be as crowded next year i hope
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(01-06-2015, 09:57 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Nomar stays on. He got more than 5 percent.

Agreed. Add Delgado to list of first time snubs like Joe Carter, David Cone, Kenny Lofton, Willie Wilson, Bill Madlock and Albert Belle.

I don't believe in WAR at all.

Kenny Lofton is nearly identical to Tim Raines minus the walks

Here are 10 better Hall of Fame left fielders than Raines besides the ones named already:

Goose Goslin, Zack Wheat, Jim Rice, Al Simmons, Billy Williams, Lou Brock, Willie Stargell. Heinie Manush, Ralph Kiner and Frank Robinson.

Alfonso Soriano, Albert Belle, Bob Johnson, Bob Meusel and George Bell were also better left fielders and won't ever see the Hall.

For the record, Bobby Veach was a better left fielder and should be in the Hall.

Also, I am not saying Tim Raines was not a great player only that his place should be taken into context.

Thanks I need to clear my throat.
If you dont believe in WAR, which factors in defense, there is no use arguing with you. You most likely read power stats off the back of baseball cards and call it a day.

(01-06-2015, 10:08 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: raines really suffers because he happened to play at the same exact time as rickey henderson, and that really is what has cost him. it just so happens that the two greatest leadoff hitters of all time played at the same time, and that rickey was one of the most disruptive players to ever play the game
Very true. Also played for teams that weren't in the spot light all the time, and as I believe you mentioned, the drugs.