IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 2-4

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-17
Thanks guys!

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-17
Great cards man! I love seeing a fellow MJ Graded collector. That is what I have moved my MJ collection to in recent years and I am very happy with it!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-29
I picked up a few more BGS 9.5 Jordan's. Nothing special.

1988 Fournier Jordan Rules card
96-97 Hoops The Big Finish

I'm now done with both the 88 fourniers as I picked up the other one a few months ago. Im glad to have more 80's Jordan cards in my collection.
The big finish is the first BGS 9.5 that I've seen sold on ebay in a little over a year (maybe even a year and a half). So I was pretty excited to snatch it up. Maybe paid a smidge too much but again, haven't seen one in at least a year. The case is in very bad condition, scratches everywhere and even has a deep gouge on the front. Maybe needs re-holdering??

Unfortunately, out of the three cards I bought these were the two that actually made their way here. Around the 18th of December I purchased a 1996-97 Ultra Scoring Kings Michael Jordan BGS 9 that doesn't seem like it's going to make it to me as the tracking still says "in transit." I'm very disappointed for two reasons;
1) I love the look of this card and really really wanted to add this alongside my other scoring kings BGS 9, I've only seen 2 other BGS 9's sell
2) In November I purchased an 87-88 fleer Jordan BGS 8 (for a very good price) and never received it. The tracking still says "in transit" but I did already get a refund for it.
im pretty sure the scoring kings is long gone too. Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-29
Sucks about the lost cards Sad That tends to happen more often around the holidays. Scoring kings would've been especially awesome, hope you can get it or get it replaced soon!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 1-6
I don't usually buy raw cards for mainly one reason; You really don't know what your getting when you buy raw. But some of the Jordan collectors here (Buck, I'm blaming you) have inspired me to start buying raw and submitting.

I found this card on ebay last week and decided to pull the trigger. I think it was only like $5 shipped. The corners and edges looked great considering the amount of chipping this card typically has. I actually suspected the scan to be cropped but took a closer look and it wasn't. Was really surprised with the edges and corners when I got the card in hand, I had to hold the card up to a few other regular basketball cards to make sure it wasn't trimmed. Looks pretty good!

What do you guys think it will grade?

98-99 Skybox Premium Mod Squad Michael Jordan

Very nice additions!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

Thank you!

Don't blame me! It's the most cost effective way haha. And yes that one generally had edge issues but it looks pretty clean!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I'm guessing it's going to grade an 8 or 8.5 (if lucky). It has a pretty bad surface, lots of minor scratches and even a small indent. Id be happy with anything over a 7.5 honestly. I Don't ever remember seeing a graded copy sell on eBay. I'd love to get one in a 9 though!

Just got this card in the mail today. I told myself I was going to cut back from buying in 2015 but I got a really good price on this card, and on top of that I used my ebay bucks and got an even better deal than I've seen in the last two years.

I have my eyes on a few more cards and I don't know if I'm strong enough to "JUST SAY NO" lol.