`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Topps Dynasty: 3 boxes one was a shocker!

RE: Topps Dynasty: 3 boxes one was a shocker!
(12-08-2014, 03:21 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: You may be able to right now, but the price tags are starting to creep up. Part of the low sales initially was Topps delayed the release by 5 weeks and then released it 2 weeks early. Not everyone knew it was out. Most of these cards are going directly into collectors personal collections. When the feeding frenzy dries up, there wont be a ton of this stuff around. So if your looking to get them cheap, I'd do it now.
I think part of the problem is that they numbered all the cards out of 10, but then made a bunch of different cards for each player. So instead of each player having 10 cards they have closer to 100. While most players have enough fans to eat that many cards up, how many of them are willing to spend $300 for one. I don't think that many, otherwise the prices would be higher out of the gate. It's not like people don't know these cards are out there, they are just choosing to spend their money on other cards.
That being said, I do think that they are very nice looking and that the prices will go up in the future, but I just don't ever see the majority of them getting close to what the current retail price is per pack.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

What would you say they are choosing to buy right now? Just about every single Dynasty card is being bid on thats on ebay. I dont think there has ever been a faster selling, more sought after product. Again, when the initial releases are sold and the number available goes way down, people are going to want the remaining few. I do agree with you on the # if variations produced. Some have 6, some have 15. Its kind of bull crap. They could have made the product that much more elite by adding 10-20 players and decreasing the number of variations.

(12-09-2014, 12:20 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: What would you say they are choosing to buy right now?
People are buying a lot of sale products right now, due to the holiday sales. That being said, if these boxes were indeed super-hot then they would've gone up in price. However the boxes have been lingering around $300 and in some cases dropping below that price.
(12-09-2014, 12:20 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Just about every single Dynasty card is being bid on thats on ebay.
That doesn't mean much, and it isn't entirely true either. Look at all the unsold auctions and currently available Buy It Nows with cards listed in the $200-$300.
(12-09-2014, 12:20 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I dont think there has ever been a faster selling, more sought after product.
There have been plenty of faster selling, more sought after products. When 2011-12 Fleer Retro basketball came out the boxes more than doubled in price in a very short period of time. The fact that there are so many boxes for sale and places aren't sold out or raising their prices on remaining inventory tells me that it isn't that hot of a product.
(12-09-2014, 12:20 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Again, when the initial releases are sold and the number available goes way down, people are going to want the remaining few. I do agree with you on the # if variations produced. Some have 6, some have 15. Its kind of bull crap. They could have made the product that much more elite by adding 10-20 players and decreasing the number of variations.
I agree with you that the market is definitely flooded right now. However with so many variations of each player I am not sure how many collectors are going to be left wanting one and not getting a chance to buy one now. There are probably quite a few flippers buying singles right now in hopes that they will go up in price as the flood wanes. What really sucks is that a lot of the pictures on different variations look very similar. It would've been awesome if they each picture variation showing the player on a different team, if they played on more than 1 team. For the players that have only played with 1 team they could've simply done a headshot, a batting/pitching pose, and a fielding pose. That would've made the cards more desirable and each one would've felt truly limited.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Im talking baseball products. High end basketball sells out faster than any baseball product. Their hits sell for much higher as well. Theres no comparison with basketball patches and low #'d auto's numbered similarly to baseball. Before I switched over to all baseball in May, I had a really nice basketball collection. I had bought a bunch of Panini Preferred in late 2013. In my first box I got a Kevin Durant silhouettes prime #'d /10. Awesome patch. I sold it for $2k which a friend then sold it for $4200 (if I remember correctly). You couldnt get $2k-$4k for any baseball patch auto #'d /10. All my LeBron and Kobe stuff, same thing. As for the unsold boxes, while you can still get cards under box pricing, they will sit until the singles market dries up. Eventually they'll get sold, and if the Ruth and other major cuts arent found soon, I'd imagine they'll be sold sooner rather than later. Theses boxes were suppose to start around $200. I think dealers got a little greedy because of the hype and it kind of makes the product look bad. Now most cards are selling below box price. And, like I said, nearly all singles ARE being bid on. You cant bid on most of the cards with a buy it now price. The ones you can have a high starting bid, which is not going to work with the same cards starting bids at $0.

(12-12-2014, 10:35 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Im talking baseball products. High end basketball sells out faster than any baseball product. Their hits sell for much higher as well. Theres no comparison with basketball patches and low #'d auto's numbered similarly to baseball. Before I switched over to all baseball in May, I had a really nice basketball collection. I had bought a bunch of Panini Preferred in late 2013. In my first box I got a Kevin Durant silhouettes prime #'d /10. Awesome patch. I sold it for $2k which a friend then sold it for $4200 (if I remember correctly). You couldnt get $2k-$4k for any baseball patch auto #'d /10. All my LeBron and Kobe stuff, same thing. As for the unsold boxes, while you can still get cards under box pricing, they will sit until the singles market dries up. Eventually they'll get sold, and if the Ruth and other major cuts arent found soon, I'd imagine they'll be sold sooner rather than later. Theses boxes were suppose to start around $200. I think dealers got a little greedy because of the hype and it kind of makes the product look bad. Now most cards are selling below box price. And, like I said, nearly all singles ARE being bid on. You cant bid on most of the cards with a buy it now price. The ones you can have a high starting bid, which is not going to work with the same cards starting bids at $0.
Both ruth cuts were pulled over seas. They had a thread about it on blowout with pictures.

(12-14-2014, 11:49 AM)thatstrump2002 Wrote: Both ruth cuts were pulled over seas. They had a thread about it on blowout with pictures.
That sucks. Have you heard anything on the DiMaggio's, Cobb's or any other major cut?

(12-14-2014, 12:18 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: That sucks. Have you heard anything on the DiMaggio's, Cobb's or any other major cut?
check link below.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseb...hread.html
(12-14-2014, 12:22 PM)thatstrump2002 Wrote: check link below.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseb...hread.html
Cobb was pulled. The list hasn't been updated. Just read thread and will see most big ones are gone.

Thank you sir. I'll check it out.
I thought you said most of the big ones were gone? There's 2 of each and the DiMaggio's, Cy Young's, Roberto Clemente's, etc. are all still there. The only one that doesn't appear to be available is Ted Williams.
Check that. The 2 Dizzy Dean's are gone as well because I pulled the other one.

Nice redemption
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK